kh2(8)

He hated it.

Everything.

There wasn't even a sun in this world.

And they needed light.

But..

Vanitas didn't want to exhaust Ven's body any more than it already was.

He cleared his throat and called into their mind.

"Ven?"

"Let me sleep." An echoey, tired sounding voice mumbled.

"Nope. You've been asleep for three days now, and your quest isn't getting anywhere."

"But I just don't want to leave. It's comfortable back here, and all my troubles can't reach me."

Vanitas felt his hands hurt as Ventus' emotions flowed between the two of them.

"I'll force you out then."

Ventus scoffed. "I'd like to see you try."

Vanitas held back a smirk. He reached deeper into his mind, feeling reality begin to blur.

Spacing out always had a weird affect on him.

Ventus groaned, whining out of pain.

But Vanitas didn't stop. He pushed past Ventus finally, and the latter blinked open his eyes.

Ven sat with his knees to his chest.

"I think I'll take one more nap." He mumbled. "Then I can keep going. Sound fair?"

"As long as you're not dying or doing anything bad to harm yourself, I really couldn't care less."

Ventus shut his eyes as an awkward memory played.

But the allure of sleep pushed it out, and he fell away from reality.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Roxas sighed happily.

Ikrux was bouncing around the Third District, humming very loudly.

Although he was free, Roxas couldn't help but feel trapped like a bird in a cage.

The more he was around Ikrux, the more reckless and silly he became.

But it wasn't like he could take a break from his best friend.

That would make his fear grow.

All the while, Ikrux seemed happier than ever. And who could blame him? The two boys were free to be whoever they wanted, without Marluxia and Larxene watching their every move.

But...

The more Roxas watched his friend bounce and play, a pain in his chest started to grow.

That would happen from time to time. Sometimes just looking at Ikrux made him feel it.

He suspected it was heartache, but he was ultimately confused, since he didn't have a heart, so he shouldn't be able to 'feel' anything, especially heartache.

How did I fall in so deep? He asked himself.

That pain continued to grow.

He just yearned to be with Ikrux, but he couldn't.

They were just friends, and the situation they were in made it dangerous.