358(6)

Day 103

Roxas summoned his keyblade.

"I can take you now." He told his opponent. "Don't hold back. Because I won't."

"If you say so." Demyx responded.

Roxas got into his battle stance.

"I'll do the courtesy of letting you go first."

As soon as Demyx strummed the strings on his sitar, Roxas summoned pillars of light as a barrier.

The bubbles that were shot at him flew back at Demyx, but he merely made them dissipate.

Roxas charged at him, dodging his water pillars.

When he finally reached Demyx, he attacked him with a horizontal slash, but it just went through him.

With a gasp, Roxas realized that it was just a water clone.

Judging by the angles, he assumed that Demyx was trying to sneak up on him.

Roxas did a somersault, summoning light pillars all around Demyx, and made them implode.

As he landed, Demyx strummed his sitar again, making both water pillars and bubbles appear.

Roxas leapt high in the air, creating pillars of his own, and floating.

From the tip of his keyblade came orbs of light.

Knowing that Demyx couldn't move very fast while spamming with attacks, he shot them at him.

Demyx somehow managed to time his pillars perfectly to block the orbs.

Roxas floated back down to the ground in exhaustion and disappointment.

But as he raised his hand, he put most of his energy into spamming Demyx with his pillars.

But somehow, they hardly hit him.

Roxas watched as Demyx approached him, but he was too weak and tired to do anything.

When Demyx raised his sitar, he said,

"I win. Again."

Roxas braced for the impact, but nothing hit him.

When he looked up, he saw Ikrux holding Demyx back from attacking.

"Wha- you can't come in and help!" Demyx objected.

"I can if you're about to make Roxas pass out." Ikrux pushed with obvious force to get Demyx to stop pushing back.

Roxas noticed that he was using the powers of darkness, and smiled. Ikrux's fear had vanished.

Ikrux looked down at Roxas and they nodded.

Roxas lifted his hand with his keyblade in it, and Ikrux set his left hand over Roxas's.

The tip of Ikrux's sword glowed with the powers of darkness.

Together, they slammed their keyblades into the ground, flashing white and purple lightning.

Not too close to hurt Demyx, but close enough to scare him.

"Wha- how did you two do that?" Demyx almost fell over from the impact.

"Joint attack." Ikrux told him. "Just don't go too far in training, okay?"

Demyx didn't say anything more, just scampered away.

Ikrux turned to Roxas and helped him off the ground. "You okay?"

"I've been better."

"But are you okay?"

Roxas huffed. "I dunno, Ikrux, do I look okay?"

"Well, I can't really tell, but if I hugged you and we went to get ice cream, you'd probably feel better."

Before Roxas could answer, Ikrux hugged him tightly.

"Race you to the ice cream stand!"

Roxas smirked. "You're on!"