358(13)

Note: the next two chapters will have the time skip stopped for the storyline.

Day 274

Roxas tapped the wood of a tree as he stepped through Twilight Town's woods.

Ikrux was still on a mission.

Roxas hated that Marluxia had sent him and Ikrux on separate missions to see how they can preform alone.

But he guessed it made sense.

They were always together.

A Corridor of Darkness opened in front of him, and he expected Ikrux.

It was not his friend.

At least, not exactly.

In front of Roxas appeared a tall boy with long silver hair.

He looked oddly familiar.

"Sora?" The guy asked.

The voice made something click in Roxas's mind.

This was Ikrux's somebody.

His old friend, Riku.

"Well, I guess you could say that." Roxas replied.

Riku pulled Roxas into a hug, which Roxas didn't know he needed.

"Though, you look different." Riku commented.

"Uhh..." Roxas couldn't figure out how to respond. But then, he answered almost instinctively. "Yeah. Like you don't?"

Riku chuckled. "I suppose I can't say anything, huh?"

"Considering you grew way taller and your hair makes you look like a different person, yeah, you can't say anything."

"So, how've you been?"

"Good enough. Where are you and Kairi staying? Are you back on the Islands?"

"No, sadly. The islands haven't come back yet."

"Strange. Are you staying in Traverse Town, then?"

"Nah. We kinda just bounce around worlds looking for you. But we do tend to return to Radiant Garden every now and then."

For a while, they were both quiet.

"Oh! Speaking of Radiant Garden, Kairi's there waiting for me. But now I can bring you back."

"Radiant Garden..?" Roxas mumbled. "You mean Hollow Bastion?"

"Yep! So it really is you. C'mon, Sora, Kairi'll be happy to see you."

Something about Kairi's name cause Roxas to feel warm inside. He shook it off and said, "I can't."

"What? Why can't you?" Riku asked. "Sora, what could be more important than reuniting with your friends?"

Roxas hesitated. "Stop calling me that. I'm not Sora, I'm Roxas. And I have a few.. things to figure out."

Riku eyed Roxas a moment longer before saying, "alright. I trust you."

"Wait! Before you go, Riku. I have something to tell you."

"What is it?"

"I- um." Roxas took a shaky breath. He didn't know how Riku was going to react. "I've met your nobody."

"My what?"

"Your nobody. A 'person' like me who is formed when a person with a strong heart dies, loses their heart, or falls to darkness."