kh2(5)

Blinking against the sun, Riku stepped through his Corridor of Darkness.

Kairi followed him soon after.

"Agrabah.." she murmured.

"It's been a while since we've been here, eh?"

Kairi nodded. "The last time we were here, Sora started bouncing around because he could do magic with so much skill."

Riku's face fell. When he spoke, he was quiet. "I remember seeing him bounce. He looks so happy."

Kairi placed a hand on his shoulder with a sympathetic smile. "You aren't that person anymore."

"I dunno. I haven't been able to keep the darkness away."

"You don't need to. Forget what Eraqus used to tell us. You taught him that the darkness and light can live side by side."

With a scoff, Riku replied, "Any person would know that. Eraqus just.. had problems with the dark."

Kairi's head cocked slightly to the side. She hummed before saying, "I know. But you taught all three of them that the darkness isn't necessarily bad. You helped Terra, didn't you?"

"Yeah." Riku chuckled softly. "You're right."

Kairi smiled.

"Ouch, taking Sora's role, are you?"

She chuckled, rolling her eyes. "I am not."

Riku side smiled at her, and started looking around.

They hadn't ended up in the town, but outside in the desert.

It was a tad hot, but Riku wasn't really fazed by it.

And with a glance at Kairi, he saw that she did seem affected by it either.

And that's when Riku felt it.

A strange amount of darkness.

Kairi wobbled on her legs.

Riku held her shoulders to hold her steady.

He didn't have to ask.

She felt it to.

Out of the blue, a person came over a sand dune.

Kinda weird for a person to be wearing a cape and hood in the desert.. Riku observed.

"The darkness is coming from them." Kairi whispered, her voice shaking.

"We don't know that they're all that bad."

The person turned their blue gaze on the two of them, and a look of shock found its way across their face.

The only time Riku had seen that bright shade of blue on a person was..

Sora and Roxas.

They walked with a timid manner, but with a sort of demand.

Their mouth was moving, but they spoke inaudibly.

Riku readied his hand as they approached.

"How strange." They said, "that following his light led me to you two."

"Do we know you..?" Kairi asked innocently.

"Well, no. But I can trust you, can't I? After all, if he lead me to you, you must know each other."

"Who lead you to us?"

The person turned their gaze on Riku. He could see a hint of golden-brown hair peeking out from underneath the hood.