358(7)

Day 121

Ikrux held his sword up, Roxas doing the same.

"Another mission complete." Roxas said. "Is there anything we can't do?"

"Probably not. We're an unstoppable duo." Ikrux smiled.

"How about, since we have some extra time left, we can go train before we get ice cream?"

"Well, we have to go and report back. But I can do that myself, and you can wait for me in the training room, if you'd like."

"Nah, it can wait. We can go train now."

Ikrux tapped the rim of his sword on his gloved palm, saying, "well, reporting back is more important, in my opinion."

"We can do that later," Roxas told him, "training is more fun anyway."

"Right, it may be more fun, but theres a such thing as 'work before reward' you know."

"How about I'll go, and you wait for me?"

"You'll just get Larxene riled up again!" Ikrux argued. "What if she actually attacks you this time?"

"Then that's on me, not you. What happens to me isn't that important to you, is it?"

"Yes it is!"

"Why?"

"Because-" Ikrux dropped his sword, hearing it clatter to the ground.

He ran across the area to Roxas, engulfing him in a hug, holding him tightly.

The moment stretched on for what seemed like a while. Roxas held Ikrux closely as well, both of them holding the other tight enough to say that they never wanted to let go.

"Because I'm your friend." Ikrux whispered.

"I know. And I shouldn't have snapped at you." Roxas mumbled.

A long while went by, and neither of them let go.

"We have to go, you know." Ikrux mumbled through Roxas' chest.

"Or we can just enjoy the moment for a while." Roxas suggested.

Ikrux looked up at Roxas. "Knowing you, you'd make us stay here all day and all night."

"I would never do that."

Eventually, they let go of each other.

Ikrux picked up his sword, making it vanish.

"I'll go do the report, you wait for me in the training room, okay?"

Roxas didn't respond verbally, but he did give a friendly wink before backing into a corridor of darkness.

Ikrux playfully rolled his eyes before Roxas disappeared.

He summoned his own Corridor, stepped into it, and walked towards the door in front of him.

He cleared his mind, and knocked on the door.

When the door opened, Ikrux looked up and saw Marluxia.

"Mission report?" Ikrux squeaked.

Marluxia nodded. "Larxene is speaking with Demyx about his missions, so she won't be here."

Ikrux was about to answer, when he heard crashing noises from way down the hall.

"Alright." He said, mostly to himself.

The report went quicker than he expected, so he quickly went to the training area.

"Ikrux! Ready?" Roxas asked.