kh2(13)

Ventus shakily opened a Corridor of Darkness.

"We're really going back there?" Vanitas asked.

"Yep.."

"But that's where everything went wrong."

"No, everything went wrong when I listened to Xehanort."

"Who are you talking to?"

Ventus jumped. He whirled around on his heels.

Riku looked at him with a raised eyebrow and a head cocked to the side.

"No one?"

"Why do you keep acting like I don't exist?"

Riku shrugged. "Are you ready to go?"

"Yeah. But before I do that.." Ventus looked down guilty. "I'm sorry for attacking your friend."

"It's in the past, right? Plus, we didn't know that that would make you react."

Ven shrugged.

He looked at the group before him. They all looked ready to go.

"I think we should go in first." Aqua said, a hint of worry peaking at her tone. "Just to be safe."

Ventus simply nodded. Aqua, Terra, Kairi and Riku went through first.

"Ready?" He asked the remaining two.

Ikrux spoke to Roxas. "Have you been here before?"

"Actually, uh, no. I haven't." Roxas mumbled. "So, I guess this is a first time for both of us."

Ventus approached them, ruffling their hair. "It isn't scary, I promise."

"Then why are you scared?" Ikrux asked.

Ventus hesitated. His arms fell, and he looked down at the ground. "Um.. that's a little complicated." He muttered. "But, I promise, it isn't scary."

Ikrux still looked disbelieving. He walked over to Ventus, and gave him a hug.

Ven had to conceal his gasp.

"Whatever's bothering you, I'm sure it'll get better." Ikrux mumbled.

Ventus looked at Roxas, who had a soft smile on his face as he looked at Ikrux. But there was something else hidden behind his expression.

"Is he.. jealous?" Vanitas laughed. "Wow, that's something."

Ven waited until Ikrux let go.

The smaller boy smiled brightly at him, and then he turned to Roxas.

"Race ya!"

Roxas's eyes sparkled. "You're on!"

The two of them took off through the Corridor of Darkness, leaving Ventus alone with his thoughts.

"The option to leave still remains, if you want to use it." Vanitas said in a matter-of-fact way.

"Nah. I gotta face this sooner or later." Ventus said with a gulp. "I can't keep hiding forever."

As he stepped up to the Corridor, his head started hurting.

"You aren't going back there."

Ventus felt his consciousness flow between reality and his mind.

"Stop it!" He yelled. "What's so wrong with going back there?"

"It'll force you to relive everything, and you aren't ready for that!"