358(8)

Day 139

Ikrux stared down from his spot.

If he fell, it would certainly be bad.

"It isn't that high."

Ikrux looked up at Peter Pan and said, "well, to you it may not be. You're probably used to flying."

Tinkerbell went circles around him, and pixie dust fell around him in a ring.

She flew over Roxas, and doused him in pixie dust.

Ikrux watched in horror as Roxas jumped off the edge of the clock tower without hesitation.

Ikrux's eyes shut, but he heard the small noise of jingling, and found the strength to open his eyes again.

To his surprise, Roxas floated in front of him, pixie dust dissipating from his body.

"Wow! You learned fast." Peter Pan said.

"I guess I just have a talent for it." Roxas responded.

"Roxas..." Ikrux mumbled. "This doesn't seem like a good idea."

"Don't worry. It's easy."

Ikrux just clung tighter to the pole he was on. "I'm scared." He admitted.

"Hey, listen. The only way to Neverland is to fly."

Tinkerbell flew over, dancing above Ikrux's head, showering him in pixie dust.

"So, I guess I have to fly?"

Roxas nodded. "I won't let anything happen to you. You can trust me, right?"

Ikrux nodded. He turned around, walking to the back of the platform, and then raced off it, jumping. As he jumped, he twirled before his feet weren't on ground anymore.

His eyes immediately shut, and he started breathing heavily.

That was, until he heard Roxas' voice.

"You can open your eyes now."

Ikrux slowly reopened his eyes, seeing the yellow glow of pixie dust on his body.

He flapped his arms, trying to move.

Roxas burst into a laughing fit. "That's not how you fly. Put your legs together, and hold out your arms."

Ikrux followed Roxas' directions, and flew around the clock tower. Roxas caught up to him eventually.

"This is fun!" Ikrux smiled brightly.

Roxas grabbed his hand and they flew higher up.

"Wow. You two must be good friends." Said Peter Pan.

"The best of friends." Ikrux responded.

Roxas then shouted, "off to Neverland!"

Ikrux tightened his grip on Roxas' hand as they flew higher.

"Hey, don't worry, Ikrux. Flying is fun once you get used to it." Peter Pan said cheerfully.

"If you say so."

Ikrux kept staring down at the ground, which was only getting farther and farther down.

He looked up and saw that they were approaching the second star.

And he also realized that he was clinging very tightly to Roxas' arm.

"Sorry-" Ikrux loosened his grip by removing an arm and glanced up at his friend nervously.

"It's fine." Said Roxas. "Flying can be scary. I get if you want to hold on to someone you trust. I'm glad that it's me, though." Roxas looked down at him and smiled with a small wink.