Prologue(358)

Day 6/7

Roxas stared up at the ceiling of the Round Room.

He didn't like it here.

Almost a week had gone by since he'd joined the Organization, but he didn't like it.

After reviewing his memories from his past life, Roxas had learned to not trust the people at all.

Luxord and Demyx seemed fine in his memories, but it didn't mean he trusted them.

After their meeting was over, Roxas walked down the hallway to his room.

Though, just two doors down on the other side of the hall, there was a door that he had never gone in before.

Roxas let his curiosity get the best of him, and approached the door.

But just as he was about to turn the doorknob...

"Roxas!"

Roxas turned around to see Marluxia standing in front of him.

"Leave the door alone."

"Why? I've never been in there."

"You do not need to go in there right now."

Roxas pushed Marluxia out of the way, and went into his room.

His day just ended badly. And it was his last day of adjustment until he went on missions.

------------------

Roxas stepped into the gray room, seeing Larxene and Demyx waiting for him.

As he approached, Larxene said, "for your first mission, you'll be going with Demyx. He'll show you the basics."

"Okay."

Larxene then left, and Roxas listened to Demyx's babbling.

"So, do you know how to open a corridor of darkness?" Demyx asked.

Roxas shrugged, and then shook his head.

"Alright, then I guess I'll open one for you."

Demyx waved his hand, and a Corridor appeared. Roxas hesitated in stepping through.

But as he looked around at the unfamiliar world, he heard Demyx say, "so, I suppose I should teach you how to fight."

"I guess." Roxas responded.

He watched in slight shock as Demyx raised his hand to the sky, bubbles forming the shape of an instrument, and watched as it splashed into view.

"Impressive, I know." Demyx said in a cocky tone.

Roxas held back from smirking.

Oh how he'd love to wipe that smug look off his coworker's face.

He held his hand straight out, closing his eyes and focusing his energy into one spot, and then let the pressure free. The amount of force caused his hair to fly and jacket to rumple.

As his eyes reopened, he saw in utter satisfaction that Demyx looked shocked.

"So." Roxas said proudly, holding his newly found keyblade over his shoulder, "the teaching me thing?"

"Right." Demy stumbled over his words, and then held his sitar in the correct position.

All he did was flick his wrist, strumming the strings, and a fleet of bubbles flew directly at Roxas.

In response, he held up the keyblade, holding it defensively against the barrage of water.

To his astonishment, he deflected them, and they flew back at the older person, and he had to twirl to the side.

"Whoa!" Demyx exclaimed. "You've got some talent."

"Gee, I never would have guessed." Roxas mumbled. "Is there any thing else you have to teach me?"

Demyx stood creepily still for a long moment.

In the next, just when Roxas wasn't expecting it, he charged at him, swinging his sitar in a dangerous way.

Before Roxas knew it, he was on the ground, and Demyx's sitar was inches away from his body.

"You still have a few things to learn." Demyx smirked.

Roxas in turn, rolled his eyes. "I suppose I have a few things left to learn."

He picked himself up, dusting off his jacket and giving his hair a ruffle.

His strange colored hair. It wasn't exactly brown, but it wasn't exactly golden-brown either.

It was also strangely styled.

But that was besides the point, Roxas was getting distracted.

Today was obviously going to be a long day.