358(10)

Day 197

"So, why are we here on our day off?" Ikrux asked.

"I've been wanting to go to explore around Twilight Town, and who better to come along with me than my best friend?"

Ikrux simply shrugged.

They walked through the town, eventually ending up in a forest.

Ikrux took off, jumping in piles of leaves, and then falling back into them.

As Roxas watched Ikrux bounce around, he couldn't help but think, wow, he looks so cute jumping around like that-

"Hey!"

Roxas was brought out of his short trance by Ikrux's yelling.

"What was that for?" Roxas asked.

"Well, you were staring at me, and I wanted to know why, but you weren't answering me. So I yelled to get your attention."

Roxas patted Ikrux on the head. "If you say so."

Roxas decided to sit down on the grass, staring at the sky behind the mansion, while Ikrux stood next to him. He was suddenly remembering his old life, with a girl, sitting on the docks at sunset. It was a lovely memory, and it warmed him up in a strange way. Almost like how he'd felt earlier...

"Roxas? Are you alright?" Ikrux asked,  waving a hand in front of Roxas's face.

Roxas shook his head to clear his thoughts. "Oh, yeah. I'm... I'm fine. Just being here with you, reminds me of how I felt doing nearly the same thing with someone in my old life."

"It sounds lovely. Who was the person?"

"A girl. I think her name was Kairi."

"That's a pretty name..." Ikrux trailed off. "What's that?" He took of running before Roxas could react.

"Ikrux!" Roxas huffed, chasing after him.

Eventually, he reached Ikrux, who was inside the mansion, a look of amazement in his eyes.

"Let's go explore." Ikrux said excitedly.

Roxas chuckled. "Alright.

They walked around the mansion, which didn't prove to be that interesting. Just dust, broken wood, debris.

And there was proof that people had been in pretty recently, so they didn't want to intrude.

Both of them walked through the forest, but Roxas had his hands behind his head.

"Why do you do that?" Ikrux asked.

"It's comfortable to me. Like our battle stances. I could never hold my keyblade one handedly."

"Well I could never hold my Soul Eater like how you do!" Ikrux scowled playfully.

Roxas rolled his eyes and nudged Ikrux in the head with his elbow.

"Ow!" Ikrux jerked his head to the right and shook it off.

They kept walking, eventually reaching the town.

Roxas and Ikrux kept walking, and they ended up in the Sandlot.

And to Roxas's surprise, there were a group of kids.

"How about we go and say hi?" Ikrux asked.

"If you want."

Roxas lowered his arms as they approached the group of three.

One of them, presumably a boy, with dirty blonde hair and striking brown eyes, turned to look at them.

"Hey, I've never seen you two before."