CoM(12)

I do not owe anyone an apology after this chapter, okay?

Sora felt suddenly excited. The flame within had grew hotter, meaning his friends were close. They would be reunited, and he'd finally escape this hellhole. Sora couldn't wait until they came. His leg started bouncing with excitement, and he held back the urge to stim.

"I see you've noticed as well." Larxene's voice was audible, but low enough that Sora had to strain his ears to hear her, and had to take a moment to process the sentence.

Sora remembered earlier, when the two of them had come up to the Altar with him, which he certainly wasn't a fan of. They claimed that it was to keep a better eye on him, but Sora heavily doubted that. They were planning something, he was almost certain of it. But he couldn't tell what it was, not yet anyway. But once Riku and Kairi got here, they would figure it out.

At the moment, Sora was running over possible spells in his mind. But it was complicated, since some of them took more energy than others. Like casting Stop versus a simple low tier Blizzard spell. But if he drank or threw an ether after using higher spells..

Technically, he only had a few ethers. Two, from what his memory told him. But they did a lot more if drank instead of tossed. Tossing them was just quicker in battle.

"What's on your mind?" Marluxia asked, making Sora's shoulders jump. He hadn't realized that he was spacing out. "You're obviously thinking."

Sora fumbled over a response. What was he supposed to tell him? The truth? Or something else? As he thought, he felt the familiar shock of Larxene's zaps. That time, it wasn't so bad, but his jaw did clench, and his body shivered for a moment. Even though it wasn't that bad, the pain shooting through his veins made his teeth chatter, and he tensed up.

When he was able to respond and was no longer feeling that bad of a sting, he responded, "N-nothing." His voice shook and he stammered, but at least he could respond.

"Well, you should get comfy." Larxene told him bluntly without even bothering to look in his direction. "We could be here for a while."

"But Riku and Kairi are close! I can feel them." Sora replied. He deeply wished he could take it back, though. He hadn't wanted to give his friends away, but maybe they already knew they were on their way.

Marluxia glanced at Larxene, and a silent conversation passed between them. Sora could tell by how their eyes shifted.

Larxene nodded and smirked at Sora. "How do you even know that it's them? What if you're just feeling Demyx and Luxord downstairs?"

Sora glared at her. "Why does it matter to you? Besides, I know what my friends feel like."

She didn't say anything more, which ticked off Sora. Why did the evil people in black coats have to be so cryptic? Well, Sora kinda just answered his own question. But it still ticked him off greatly.

He fidgeted in the silence that came. It annoyed him. He played with the metal plate on his glove, rubbing his fingers along its pattern and edges, feeling slightly more soothed by the action.

And then, the sound of footsteps hit his ears, and he turned his head at the pace of a meerkat moving. He felt suddenly ecstatic, catching sight of Kairi and Riku charging up the steps.

"Riku! Kairi!" Sora exclaimed. He got up out of his spot, running up to the invisible wall. He placed his hands against the wall, making octogons appear. They wouldn't disappear unless he removed his touch, but he didn't want to. His friends were within a few feet, and he was bouncing on his heels.

Kairi looked up from Riku, smiling wide. "Sora!" Her pace quickened, and once Riku spotted him, he ran faster too.

Sora felt more than ecstatic, but he couldn't believe it. His friends were just on the other side of the wall. Beyond the wall, Kairi summoned in her keyblade, and raised it to shatter the barrier between them, but stopped and looked up. Sora felt confused. Why would she suddenly stop?