Chapter V

Imperial season was now officially declared over. The cast was overjoyed and hugging a lot, even when they left the theater. Feng Xin, Mu Qing and Shi Qingxuan waited for all to change and joined them at a pub to celebrate.

"After six months of hard work, we can almost commend this Dianxia to ascend Heavens for sacrificing himself so much!" Xie Lian's fellow actors were saying loudly.

"Even though people only watched him three times on stage, we know he has died a lot backstage! Hahaha."

"I truly want to thank all the staff that dressed me and did my makeup, you all are truly something!" Xie Lian already had his cheeks pink from drinking alcohol.

"Nonsense, I could spend all my life painting a pretty face like yours, Dianxia!" One of the female staff members replied and everyone laughed.

Finally, the director stood up and proposed a toast to the entire crew. The day when season was over always brought the greatest feeling of self-realization and relief to all. That was also before the critics had enough time to elaborate on their reviews and submitted them to the papers, causing them to still feel quite accomplished, before hearing any bad criticism the next day.

Xie Lian and company were sitting at the end of the table and also took part in the toast. After that, the director approached them. "So, Dianxia, what are you doing next? You're graduating, right?"

Xie Lian was laughing at ease and his eyes were a bit unfocused. "Yes, director, and you know what? I'm destined to be a star now." He laughed out loud and the director look at Shi Qingxuan, who intervened.

"He has been casted to that new play by Director Hua Cheng", she explained.

"Oh, wow! That is absolutely fabulous!", the director replied.

Xie Lian stretched his arm to make another toast with his fellow actors. "Here's to being able to curse as we want after months of agreeable and proper talking!", and to that they said a lot of bad words out loud.

Mu Qing came closer and asked, "Director, has Hua Cheng only made one play and already became this famous?"

"I guess his play has been released as a movie too, hasn't it?" Feng Xin also asked.

"It had to! After what he's done..." The director commented and then whispered for Xie Lian not to notice, "But let's not talk about this now, this one is having a blast tonight, let him take it easy today." He then turned at Shi Qingxuan. "Take care of him, will ya?" The director excused himself and went back to his place, since he was hearing loud complaints for being too strict with mannerisms on stage and had to defend himself.

"Oh, so he finally understood who I am." Shi Qingxuan frowned, but then watched Xie Lian stand up and dance with his fellow protagonist in the middle of the pub, so she was at ease again.

Feng Xin and Mu Qing, however, were still curious. "Miss Puqi, tell us something..."

"Oh dear, aren't we getting a little intimate here, calling me Puqi?", she was surprised.

He raised his brows before saying, "He said it, not me, Miss Shi. But I take this chance to ask, why Puqi?"

She laughed and came to stand between them, leaning an elbow on each of their shoulders and explained, "It does sound lovely, doesn't it? It's mandarin and the pronunciation is adorable, just like Lian and I. There you have it." She winked. Turning to Feng Xin now, she said "What were you saying?"

Feng Xin felt his cheeks redden, cleaned his throat and continued. "Director Hua became famous after he interrupted an entire season from displaying and released a movie about the play, correct?"