Chapter XXX

The living room was empty and dark as Xie Lian stepped inside. After the message he got, he could not help but build some expectations, but the silence reigning inside the house soon dissipated them. He went to his room driven solely by his will to lay down.

He considered throwing himself on top of the bed and laying there until tomorrow, but he could not risk having swollen lids. He needed to shower and clean his face. Right then, he noticed a wrapping close to his pillow. There was an envelope too. Inside it, a round and pretty handwriting spelled "We love you for who you are." Just below it, thin letters slightly skewed to the right formed another message. "You'll always be welcome here."

Was this the reason his parents asked for him here? Well, it was best that they were sleeping, because Xie Lian would not be able to hold his tears, as he certainly did not now. He opened the wrapping and found two portraits. One already had a photo in, it showed the three of them during a road trip a couple of years ago, and "family" was written on the frame. The other one was empty but Xie Lian could read "love" written with the same style as the other, and he had actually just received the perfect photo to put in it.

Xie Lian placed the gifts on his table and started wiping his face. He was feeling relieved, of course, but it was a bit puzzling. How did his parents change their mind so drastically? He suspected Shi Qingxuan was involved. It could only be her, as his two silly friends were too clueless this time, San Lang was dealing with Jun Wu, and he probably would feel embarrassed to address his parents out of nowhere like this.

As the water washed over his body, those thoughts flew away except for the last part. San Lang. His relieved smile at the parking lot just now, his soft lips touching Xie Lian's, his naughty hands traveling all over Xie Lian's torso in the car. He was so dangerously irresistible.

Still, even this burning memory was not enough to fuel the actor's mind for much longer. His exhaustion put off that fire for now as his head rested on the pillow.

***

Some moments before, right at the place where their ways would need to be separated, Feng Xin and Mu Qing spent some time talking.

"Well, it's late. Should I walk you to your home?" Feng Xin just really wanted to sit.

Mu Qing widened his eyes. "What? No. That feels too much like a date."

Feng Xin regretted instantly. "Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't realize... Well... Anyway, after the kiss..."

Mu Qing silently pitied the guy. Apparently he just meant to be nice. Sometimes Mu Qing wondered if Feng Xin was too nice for him. "No, no, forgive me. I don't dislike it... That... This... Us." Mu Qing looked away and felt his cheeks warming up. "Not that there is an 'us' yet. I'm still getting used to the idea..." He crossed his arms in front of his chest and resumed his annoyed expression. "Just take it easy. And quit the dreamy eyes, it's obnoxious."

Mu Qing turned away with a hand hanging up to signal he was leaving.

Dreamy eyes? Was Feng Xin that obvious? He felt delighted, but he really did not mean to show it. Still, it was hard not bursting with joy when your feelings felt corresponded. He started laughing at his friend's expression, especially because his ears were very red.

"Oh, isn't this my favorite idiot." Feng Xin was feeling hopeful, and on his way back he could only see one color. Green, the color of hope. It was a nice color to wear now.

Walking at a distance, Mu Qing could feel his heart beating in his lips, right where they were touched before. They were pulsing and pulling back thoughts, memories. Suddenly, Feng Xin disheveled figure after the ball showed up in Mu Qing's mind. The time when his shirt was open and showing his abs... Clearly, these images were stirring things up not only in his head.