Chapter XXIX

After that, their lips touched.

The same thing happened twice.

***

Hua Cheng's hands echoed the trembling of his heart, while listening to Xie Lian speak. His Gege was not leaving him, and more, he just said how he valued the director's efforts.

Now that San Lang admitted the truth, and in fact he has been showing it to Xie Lian all this time, Xie Lian felt white rays of light being painted over the final dark corner of his heart.

Confessions in the parking lot, a passionate exchange of words.

After that, their lips touched.

It was brief, more like a "welcome back" greeting. Although it was a gentle peck, the electricity flowing from one body to the other was high in tension.

"Gege, I was wondering if, maybe, you would like to come to my place for a glass of anything alcohol-free?" The director knew Xie Lian was careful in between performances.

"Hmm..." Xie Lian pressed his lips against San Lang's one more time, taking his time to ponder. So soft, so inviting. "I can't. I need to go home today."

Hua Cheng was pained from separating their lips and by Gege's answer. Still, the last part startled him, positively of course. "Oh, home? I thought you were staying at Shi Qingxuan's."

"Yeah, but my parents asked me to come back." They took a step back to better look at each other.

"That's okay. I'm just surprised and glad to know you feel good to go home now." The smile in Hua Cheng's eyes was as gentle as his lips, and Xie Lian felt happiness flood him after hearing those words.

All would be fine. He was going home, where he could truly be himself now, and he had someone to walk beside him, someone that demanded nothing else other than being himself.

His heart was like a rainbow.

***

Some moments before, Feng Xin and Mu Qing were left alone in the dressing room.

"See? This is what I'm talking about." Mu Qing looked at Feng Xin and let his weight loose on the chair in front of the mirror.

"Well, if it serves for something, you still have me." Feng Xin waved his hands in the air.

Mu Qing crossed his arms and the tension in his stare intensified. "Oh, you? What do I care about you, traitor?"

Feng Xin slapped his own forehead and sighed. "Mu Qing, listen. Or should I say, partner..."

"Shut up, you're not a good partner. You just said I'm delirious." Mu Qing turned his face away like an upset child.

Feng Xin actually thought that cute. He laughed. "No, that was just so Lian wouldn't scold us too much."

"You can't be trusted, that's it. I'm not trusting any other word that comes out of your mouth ever again." Mu Qing pushed the floor with his feet and started spinning in the chair. The act was carefree but his facial expression was from someone really annoyed.

Feng Xin approached. "Come, let me buy you some food as an apology."

Mu Qing stopped to stare at him, widening his eyes. "Really?"

Feng Xin laughed again. "No. You just said I can't be trusted. How can you already have forgotten it?"

Mu Qing stood up. He was furious now. He approached and spoke so close that Feng Xin could feel his warm breath. "Listen, we have always been friends, but lately it seems you're putting effort into disrupting everything. Why do you have to behave like this? Why do you must be a brat all the time?"