Chapter XVIII

Shi Qingxuan opened the door to welcome Xie Lian at her place. "You better have something juicy to tell me otherwise just turn around and leave."

Xie Lian ran inside and threw himself over the couch. "Oh, Puqi, am I too young to have found the love of my life?"

"No, you're not too young actually. Ouch!" Xie Lian aimed a cushion at her back when she was closing the door. "I'm guessing it was amazing? And what is this smell?" She pretended to sniff something out of Xie Lian. "It's the smell of somebody who got laid!"

"No, not actually. Well partially. How much detail do you want?"

"As much as you can give me." Shi Qingxuan sat on the floor in front of him.

"San Lang has the purest heart and he seems to really like me, as you said." Xie Lian spoke with his hands over his own heart and a deeply touched voice.

"Ok, but that's not the juicy stuff I expected to hear about. Was his underwear red?"

Xie Lian laughed. "I don't blame you for thinking that! But no, it wasn't. I don't remember his underwear clearly, I guess it had a butterfly on it?"

"How come you don't remember?" Shi Qingxuan slapped the couch, then covered her mouth. "Did you just take it out too quickly?"

"Yes, and I was... hm, more impressed with contents inside it." Xie Lian hid his face in his hands.

"Oooh, that's juicy!" Shi Qingxuan clapped her hands.

"And he has a red couch!"

"Wooo, did you lay on it?"

"I did." He said, covering his face again. "He's special, Puqi. He's worth the fight." Now he looked his friend in the eyes. "Tomorrow I'll talk to my parents."

"That's good to hear! I'm supporting you one hundred percent on this." She reached and grabbed his hand. "Since you believe you are soulmates, did you find out where did he grow up? When is his birthday? Parents' names?" Shi Qingxuan liked to play the mother sometimes.

"Hm, no to any of that, should I have?" Xie Lian was uneasy all of the sudden.

"Hm, usually, yes?" She mimicked his tone. "He's your soulmate after all. Not even where did he go to school at?"

Xie Lian then remembered his actual finding from last night and considered telling her about the reason why the play which made Hua Cheng famous was cancelled, but instantly gave up. That was too intimate to be shared, even with Puqi. He just lowered his eyes, blushing a bit.

Shi Qingxuan reached for Xie Lian's cheeks involuntarily. "You're so obviously in love it's making me jealous! Where's my share of love? Get out of here. No, I'm kidding. We have lots to do."

Even though it was Sunday, today was sort of a work day for them. They had to review the schedule of the week and it was very busy, especially considering the big debut was on Friday.

"You need to stay focused this week, Puqi. Be mindful of your emotions and keep this here..." She poked his head and completed, "in peace." He was looking back at her and nodded. "Don't worry, all will be fine, it will be a complete success. You'll be famous, I'll be famous, we'll earn lots of money. You have a soulmate and even though I don't have one, then I'll buy me one!" Shi Qingxuan could not help but laugh out loud to those perspectives.

"Yes, all will be fine because San Lang is so great at what he does."

"San Lang this, oh, San Lang that." Shi Qingxuan mimicked Xie Lian again, waving her hands while speaking and he laughed at her exaggerated interpretation. It was not as if he mentioned San Lang every five minutes. Was it?