Chapter XLVIII

"Well-done, Puqi! I think it went great."

Xie Lian sighed closing the door to the news agency he was being interviewed at.

Shi Qingxuan kept him company and listened backstage. The questions had been previously agreed on, and this way Xie Lian followed Shi Qingxuan's advice. During their preparation, the agent had dropped the hint. "It can be more charming and inviting if you remain enigmatic about your personal life. People will feel curious and may start to wonder, make conjectures. Still, you haven't really said anything, and this grants you a secure place to your and director Hua's privacy."

For this goal, actor and agent asked for a personal question to be included in the interview, one that would address his goals in the near future, and that would be the opening to Xie Lian mentioning someone important in his life. He wanted to say it was someone so important that it would prevent him from signing with any other long-term project not by director Hua Cheng, but the actor agreed not to give it away so directly, and not to mention San Lang's name. Besides, his agent would not allow such exclusivity to happen.

Shi Qingxuan was trying to combine what she felt from Hua Cheng, a desire to keep his personal life out of spotlight, but yet, letting Xie Lian declare part of his love as he was craving to announce it to the world. She noticed that, since last week, the actor seemed calmer. He and director Hua probably talked things through, maybe eased each other's longings, and that tranquilized the actor to do the interview and stick to the idea of being enigmatic. All in all, after this first interview to the city's newspaper, three more were scheduled. Therefore, even though the concern for the first interview just melted, the agent was now worried about the following ones, in addition to the last performances for this season.

Xie Lian smiled as they left the building and did not say a word. Now on the street, Shi Qingxuan side-eyed him. "Puqi, how are you feeling?"

Xie Lian had been asking himself the same. In fact, he was truly relieved since last week, on the occasion when San Lang rejoiced over the actor's will to share their love to the world. They spent the weekend nights rehearsing Xie Lian's performance for the music video and having fun, in addition to making touristic plans for their trip.

"Gege, there'll be time to visit these places if we head out directly after your recording during the three days."

"But you said you'll be doing business while I'm recording, and I know that, sometimes, your 'business' ends up having no time limit."

"I'll make sure I'm free to join Gege in his sightseeing. If, by any chance, something prevents me from joining, you're free to go ahead and check some places without m..."

"No. San Lang, I want this trip to create memories together. Memories of us that don't involve suffering, anxiety, stalkers and bullying. It's gonna be our quality time!"

"Gege, if that is the case, can we just go now, stop the clock when we get there, and never come back?"

"Puqi?"

What? San Lang does not call Xie Lian "Puqi".

The actor brushed those thoughts away and focused his vision on an anxious Shi Qingxuan watching him. "Sorry, Puqi, I was just thinking about it all. I'm feeling good, yeah! I'm feeling so reassured now. I like the fact that the interviewer felt compelled to actually watch the play before today, so he was quite sensitive and pleasant, and... what?"

She looked ahead bearing a smirk on her face. They were heading for lunch nearby by foot considering it would take longer if they had to find a place to park in the city center. "You were thinking about Hua Cheng again, I can tell."