Chapter XXXIII

"Man, what the hell? Where did you go?" Qi Rong was sitting on the last step of the stairs with Guzi laying on him, half asleep. "Hey, big guy, wait, where are you going now?"

Jun Wu did not even look at him and just continued walking. Qi Rong gently freed himself from Guzi's grasp. "Bye, little one. See you in another life."

Guzi sat up and rubbed his little eyes, confused while watching Qi Rong go.

"Yo, bro, why do you have to be so creepy?" Qi Rong was running now to catch up. "You bring me here without saying anything but clearly to act as a diversion. Then you disappear for a while and, at least when I thought you would get us some money, you come back empty handed?"

"What do take me for? A cheap thief?"

They walked fast and were almost at the subway station again. Jun Wu did not look at Qi Rong, who was asking many more questions. He just said, "You'll know it when I say it's time." He sped up even more. "I was surprised you acted along the diversion without further instructions. Maybe you're not as stupid as I expected."

Both men stopped in front of the big hole on the ground, soon about to be occupied by the underground train showing itself at a distance.

"You know, sometimes you can be such a treacherous little bast..." Qi Rong started saying but was interrupted.

"Watch your mouth or I'll disappear and you'll be left without food to steal from, rat." Jun Wu stepped inside the wagon and leaned on a post, thinking of possibilities. Qi Rong just followed, feeling slightly annoyed. "Your services maybe be required soon enough once more."

Interest lit up in Qi Rong's eyes and he smirked. Jun Wu chose to just ignore the closest thing he had to a friend, turning around as he adjusted the package under his shirt. The plastic bag was glued to his sweating skin and he was starting to get itchy.

A pair of little eyes watched them from the far end of the wagon, hiding behind a seat.

***

Mu Qing could not care less about the reason he headed to the theater an hour ago. Now he was walking past it again, making his way back to his place. Mind in turmoil, feeling green. Not a vivid, curious, green. He was feeling nauseous.

He saw from a distance a known figure, it looked like that weird acquaintance of Lian, from the time of the Imperial play. Someone was running after him, and behind the duo, a small figure followed in silence, unnoticed.

What did Mu Qing care? Such a weird bunch.

His sickness intensified. He managed to arrive home without throwing up. He went to the toilet and looked down, that was when he finally realized the feeling came from further below.

He washed his face and threw himself over his bed.

"Are you doing this out of pity? I don't need your kindness, you know." Those were the last words Feng Xin told him, and Mu Qing did not know how to answer it.

He wanted to show kindness to Feng Xin, they were friends, and it was so hard to admit what type of kindness he wanted to show. Mu Qing went there as a hot mess, but he honestly thought he was doing good by feeling attracted to someone who admitted feelings for him.

Laying on the bed now, he opened his trousers without thinking too much and stuck his hand inside his underwear. He thought of Xie Lian having his share of "fun" and how that was kind of reassuring. At least Lian would not judge him.

Why did Feng Xin snap out like that? In fact, although Mu Qing did not know where to stand regarding Feng Xin, he hated to admit that the scene with director Hua did put him the mood. All in all, that push plus the growing curiosity for his friend's body caused him to go see Feng Xin.