Chapter 44 - A different type of infected, pt. 2

Just a little Author's note before you go into this chapter. Seeing the enemies that appeared last chapter, its safe to assume you know the hero thats going to save the day. Im aware of the canonical timeline of said character, but for convenience's sake, im still bringing him in as a one-time-cameo for this chapter. Thanks for your understanding and enjoy.
_________________________________________

Meanwhile, a couple of miles away from the team's location, a sole helicopter was flying toward their location. Upon closer analysis, it appeard to be a UH-60 Black Hawk. It was a nearly unmarked helicopter except for a small emblem found on the tail of the helo.

???: ["Boss, i've picked up intel from a reliable source that some of the remaining Skulls units has somehow ventured far from Afganistan and made it to the States

???: ["Boss, i've picked up intel from a reliable source that some of the remaining Skulls units has somehow ventured far from Afganistan and made it to the States."]

'Boss': ["That's one hell of a distance. How did they manage to cover this much distance in just a short amount of time?"]

???: ["Im not sure. Seems like Cipher always has some sort of trick up their sleeve, but we cant have this crisis escalating any further than it already has. We've gathered coordinates to their possible location and sent them to your iDroid. Find those units and terminate them by any means. Be careful, Boss."]

'Boss': ["You know it's not my first rodeo, Miller. You also know that they can't truly be killed."]

Miller: ["Even so, im just advising caution. You know how it is."]

'Boss': ["Yeah, believe me, I know. I'll get it done."]

...

...

Back at the airfield, Team Rainbow was faced with one of probably the most armored and hard-to-kill enemies they had ever experienced. Every bullet they shot at these armored behemoths seemed go just deflect off of its armor as if it were nothing. Meanwhile, these Armored units were firing back at them with their materialized assault rifles, forcing the team to take cover wherever they could. Y/N, Ela, Dokkaebi and Buck were taking fire from one of the armored units, having to take cover behind their downed osprey.

Dokkaebi: "What the fuck even are these things!?"

Ela: "Fuck whatever they are. We need to worry about how we're supposed to deal with them. Our bullets aren't doing shit to them!"

Y/N threw a grenade at the armored unit, but instead of moving away, it seemed to have summoned some sort of crystalized mineral in the shape of a stalagmite to protect it from the grenade. It bounces off the crystalized mineral, and detonates.

Y/N: "What the..."

The others were in disbelief at the abilities these behemoths had. The stalagmite went back under the ground, revealing that the armored unit was no longer in sight. However, the ground rumbled and shook where it had originally formed and quickly made its way toward the group. Before they could even react, it popped back out of the ground next to Dokkaebi and Ela. It then started to make some sort of pressured crushing sound, signifying that it was in fact explosive.