Chapter 41, pt 1 - Sierra Paradise

A/N: If you played the Outbreak event, then you'll have an idea as to whats going on while you read the next three pages, with an exception to the roster twist. Otherwise, if you havent, here is a summarized version of how the missions played out, intro cutscene and all. Enjoy. :D
_____________________________________________

After a few hours of relaxation, the team was ready for the first part of Ash and Thermite's plan to be put into motion. Ash has called the team to the planning tent in order to brief them in. Outrider had no interest in dealing with the situation, so she ended up not showing up to briefing, but Firebreak thought he could make some fun out of the pandemic.

Y/N: We're all here, Eliza. Well, almost everyone."

Firebreak: "She'll come around. What do you need me to immolate?"

Dokkaebi: *takes a brief glimpse at Firebreak* {"Jeez, Firebreak is almost as unsettling as Spectre."}

Ash: "I appreciate the help, Firebreak. Anyway, the parasite... is building a nursery. Its a big one. The infection is-"

There was a loud violent sizzling that cut her off and gained the attention of everyone in the tent.

Thermite: "Gah, son of a bitch..."

Ash: "Jordan..."

Thermite: *sigh* "We're good."

Ash: "Seriously? Briefing is in a minute, and you're pulling apart the explosives package?

Thermite: "Hold your horses, 'Liza. Just making sure they got it right." *goes back to tampering with the explosives*

Ash: *shakes her head and goes back to briefing* "Nursuries are the heart of the parasite's ability to adapt to our containment efforts."

Thermite: "That... *points to an image of a Rooter* ...up there, is a nasty piece of work."

Ash: "Your turn."

Thermite: "Right. ... With ongoing operations in the area, we cant launch any fire missions or predator strikes. So, we're gonna barbecue the nursery with these prototype nano-thermite charges before it goes online. Can i say barbecue? Six wont care none, will she?"

Ash: *slightly shakes her head* The target... is a hot springs resort. Y/N, i'd like you, Reaper and Ela to take on this role."

Y/N: "We'll get it done."

Ela: "You can count on us."

Reaper: "Objective confirmed."

Dokkaebi: "Hey, i want to go..."

Ash: "No can do, Grace. Besides, we need all the help we can get to defend the quarantine walls."

Dokkaebi: "Reaper would be better suited for that part. His arm can turn into a minigun, remember? Let me substitute him."

Ash: *sighs and takes a deep breath* Fine. Reaper, you're staying here. Y/N, here are the coordinates to the resort. Good luck, you three."

After memorizing the coordinates, Y/N, Dokkaebi, and Ela head out, with Y/N keeping hold of the thermite charges. After around 45 minutes of moving on foot, they come into view of the resort.

Y/N: *over comm* ["Thermite, we're nearing the target location. Advise."]

Thermite: ["Resort approach confirmed. Find those weak points and set the charges. Be prepared for heavy resistance."]

The three begin to approach the resort, weapons at the ready.

Y/N: "Stay on high alert. We dont completely know what these things are capable of."