Chapter 23 - Reaper's (rough) intro to Rainbow

It wasnt long before the base was in sight. As Y/N was driving, Dokkaebi had asked Reaper a few questions about its existence. They were all amazed that the answers it gave her actually displayed that he had a level of sentience. It wasnt just some mindless robot. It had actual emotions and stuff, though it's hard to tell at first since his voice only comes in one tone.

(for those unfamiliar with Black Ops 3, this vid is merely being used so you can hear what he sounds like in-game. If you already know his voice, feel free to ignore this vid)

Dokkaebi: "Wow, it must feel awesome to be a free agent. So, who hired you to find Y/N?'

Reaper: "A higher up in the Egyptian Army who wishes to remain anonymous."

Y/N: "Interesting. Well, we'll deal with that situation when we get to it. I guess for now, just try to adjust to the past."

Reaper: "Everything is too lowtech, it is hurting my software. ... ... that was supposed to be a joke."

Y/N: "Yep, this Prophet guy definitly did a good job with giving you sentience... though your jokes still need work."

Dokkaebi: "Hey, come on, dont be mean. I mean... he gave it his best."

Y/N: "Heheh, i know."

They arrive at hereford base and park the humvee back where it originally was. They then make their way inside the base and head straight to Six's office. They try to take routes that were not so populated as to avoid any unwanted attention, though given the circumstances, it may be a possibility that Reaper might be another temporary addition to the team. They managae to make it to Six's office. Dokkaebi was the one to knock on the door.

Six: "Come in."

Y/N, Dokkaebi, and Ela enter first, having Reaper wait outside for a moment.

Six: "Ahhhh, Anubis, you made it."

Y/N: "Of course, Ma'am."

Six: "So, could you tell me more about this plus one you referred to?"

Y/N: "I think showing you might do more than just telling you."

Reaper steps into the office and Six looks at it in amazement.

Six: "My, my, what do we have here? This is quite the machinery you have discovered. Where did you find it?"

Dokkaebi: "On our way back, we were ambushed and incapacitated by White Masks and he ended up saving us."

Six: "You refer to it as a he?"

Y/N: "Yes, Ma'am. He actually displays a significant level of sentience. He's not mindless. He can speak, move, think, all the normal stuff a human can do, on his own behalf."

Six: "Interesting. So, what may i call him?"

Reaper: "I am model EWR-115, callsign Reaper."

Six: "Reaper? How fitting. Tell me Reaper, what is your business here?"

Reaper: "I was sent here by time warp to retrieve the HVI."

Six: "I take it you mean Anubis?"

Reaper: *nods* "Affirmative."

Six: "Well, it's quite a shame to have to see him leave so soon. He proved to be a really promising addition to the team."

Reaper: "Time warp is currently unavailable. I can't take him back at this time."