Chapter 12 - Future love competitors, part 1

Meanwhile, back on Hereford base, Ash and Frost were in their dorms getting ready for bed. Ash couldn't help but continue to stare at the empty guest bed that was set next to hers. She pictures Y/N already sleeping there. Not only that, but she also pictured herself being spooned by him while they slept. The only thing that layed on the bed was Y/N's Drakon that he left on the bed prior to leaving to Wrocław with the Bosak sisters. Frost wasnt the only one to take notice of this, as almost all the female operators assumed it as well. Frost, however, started to worry for her friend and decided to speak up.

Frost: "Eliza, is everything ok?"

Ash: "Huh? Oh, ummm, yeah, everything is fine."

Frost: "Are you sure? You've been staring at Y/N's bed for the last two or three nights. The other girls also noticed a change in your behavior."

Ash: "It's nothing, Tina. I promise."

Frost: "Eliza, i can tell when you're lying. Something is up, so just tell me."

Ash: "... Alright... i just..."

Frost: "You miss Y/N? He said he'd be back in about a week and a half at most."

Ash: "I know... i just... i cant really find the words to explain... {"I just hope he doesnt fall for Ela..."}

Frost: "Look, how about this? I was thinking we could have a girl's night out to take your mind off of stressful thoughts. Us ladies could really use a night off."

Ash: "I guess it's not a bad idea. Just dont expect me to be on good terms with Elena, not after what happened a few days ago.

Frost: "We'll try to work it out. If anything, Taina, Yumiko and I will make sure to keep you two separated."

Ash: "Mmmmm... Alright. I'm in."

Frost: "Perfect. Ill ask Six first thing in the morning."

Ash: "Alright. Goodnight, Tina."

Frost: "Goodnight, Eliza."

All the lights in the dorm go out, and it wasnt long before Frost fell asleep. Ash too longer to fall asleep since she was still staring at Y/N's bed and gun. Eventually she succumbs to exhaustion and falls asleep.

Ash Slowly wakes up in the morning, seeing that Frost is already out and about. She must've gone to ask Six for permission for that girl's night out. Ash got up and got dressed in her usual combat attire. Just as she was about to walk out the door, she looked back at Y/N's Drakon, which was still just laying there on his bed. Ash felt the want to feel what it's like to hold a sniper, even though it's of a model that hasn't existed yet. She walked over to it and grabbed it. She decided to head over to the shooting range to try it out. On the way, she bumped into Valkyrie and Hibana.

Ash: "Oh, sorry, girls."

Valkyrie: "No problem, where you headed off to?"

Ash: "Shooting range."

Hibana: "Umm, isnt that Y/N's gun? What did he say that one was called?"

Valkyrie: "I think he said it was called a Drakon or something like that. But yeah, why do you have Y/N's sniper?"

Ash: "I wanted to get a feel of how futuristic weapons feel and work. You two want to come?

Valkyrie, Hibana: "Sure."

The three girls head on over to the shooting range, where they see that Glaz has just about finished and has left the range. Valkyrie sets up a few targets and moves them back a good 100m away.

Valkyrie: "Good to go, Eliza."

Ash takes aim and proceeds to fire. However, when she tried to pull the trigger, she realized that the trigger didnt move, as if it was locked into place. She tried desparately to pull the trigger, but to no avail.