Chapter 5 - Meeting the rest of Rainbow, Part 2

Pilot: "We're landing now."

Valkyrie: "Finally. Im starving.

Mira: "Everyone else has probably finished eating, so we'll have the cafeteria to ourselvs."

Frost: "Hey, Y/N, wanna come grab lunch with us?"

Y/N: "Im fine. Besides, I still want to get the chance to meet everyone else.

Frost: "Alright. That's understandable."

The helicopter lands back on Hereford Base. The five operators hop on out of the helo, and Mira helps out the HVI. Proir to landing, Mira volunteered to be the one to escort the HVI back to Six's office, as well as give her the full after action report and debrief. Mira proceeds to do just that. Frost and Valkyrie head over to the cafeteria to grab some lunch, while Ela decided to go her own way, thanking Y/N once more before she went off. Y/N walked over to the armory to his locker and put away his Razorback, however, keeping his MR6. He also put some shock charges that he honestly forgot he had with him, into the locker and then closed it off. He then proceeded to look around and see who else he can get to know. His first stop, before the whole mission thing, was the workshop. He made his way over there, and sure enough, when he gets there, there were a few operators there working on their own projects. He looked around the room to see if there were any familiar faces before walking in, and sees Dokkaebi conversing with someone that looked to be working on some sort of hovering drone. Y/N goes inside, and his presence is immediately noticed by Dokkaebi.

Dokkaebi: *waves * "Hey, Y/N, over here!"

Y/N: *walks over to them* "Oh, hey, Grace. What are you doing here?"

Dokkaebi: "Nothing, just chatting with my competition here. This is Echo. Echo, this is Y/N."

Echo: "Nice to meet you. My name is Masaru, by the way. Grace has a hard time pronouncing it."

Dokkaebi: "I do not!" *pouts*

Y/N: "Nice to meet you, Masaru"

Two more operators walk up to them, both wearing gas masks.

Mute: "You must be the new operator. Im Mark. I go by Mute on the field. And this is my squadmate, James."

Smoke: "Smoke is my nickname."

Y/N: "Nice to meet both of you."

Dokkaebi: "So, Y/N, what brings you here? You didnt miss me too much, did you?"

Y/N: *chuckles a bit* "Just thought i'd explore the base a little bit and see who else i could meet."

Dokkaebi: "oooo, that sounds nice."

Y/N: "Yeah. Well, i dont want to take up too much of your time, so im gonna continue exploring the place."

Dokkaebi: "Ok, have fun, Y/N."

Mute: "Good meeting ya, mate."

Y/N: "Likewise."

Y/N left the workshop to see what else the base had in store. He was actually surpsied to see that the base had its own bar that doubled as a lounge. He decided to go in and see what they had on the menu. Most of the items didnt seem familiar to what he was accustomed to, so he decided to hold off for now and meet whoever else was here, and turns out that most of the other operators hang out here on the free time. As he looked around, someone gave him a pat on the shoulder. Y/N turned around to see Glaz.

Glaz: "Ahhh, Y/N, my friend. You made it."

Y/N: "Hey, Timur. Didnt realize you were sneaking up on me."