Chapter 28 - An apologetic welcome back

Y/N's view continued to shift from the pair of patches and tags to a broken down Ash. He wasnt sure what to really do or what to say. He took his time to consider his options. On the one hand, he missed his comrades in the Egyptian Army, and really wants to find out if Nefertiri is alive or not. He believes there may have been a chance that she survived the encounter with the PAWWS. He also believes that with the help of Reaper, Coalescence and the Winslow Accord, they could turn the war around to their favor and finally defeat the NRC once and for all. On the other hand, he really enjoyed the company of Team Rainbow, thinking of them as a second family, despite their differences. He really enjoyed helping them with fighting the White Masks in order to ensure a safer tomorrow, and he had to face the fact sooner or later, he really misses Ela and Dokkaebi and was saddened to have to leave them, even more so to see how horribly they took the news. It really was a decision Y/N couldn't make up immediately.

Y/N: "Ummm, Reaper, could you come with me for a few seconds?"

Reaper: "Sure."

Y/N: "We'll be right back, Eliza."

Ash: "O-oh, ok... take your time."

Y/N and Reaper got up and proceeded outside for a minute. Thankfully the place had a few retractable awnings, since it was still raining like a storm.

Y/N: "Reaper, i know what you're going to say, but i would like your opinion on the matter."

Reaper: "Her apology is sincere. I've never seen any human break down like that over a situation like this. I believe it is worth a second chance."

Y/N: "So, that means we're back on the team?"

Reaper: "Ultimately, it is your decision."

Y/N: "Let's do it."

The two fistbump before proceeding back inside and heading back to a nervous Ash.

Y/N: "Come on, Eliza."

Ash: "Huh, w-where are we going?"

Y/N: "It's getting late, so we should probably head back to base."

Ash: *in shock* "Y-you mean it? You're coming back?"

Y/N: "If you really want me to."

At that moment, Ash got up and hugged Y/N tight. No amount of words could be enough to express how happy she was to hear that they were willing to give her a second chance and come back to Team Rainbow.

Ash: "Oh, Y/N, thank you. You've really made me so happy. I cant wa-"

Ash the started repeatedly sneezing, followed by a runny nose.

Y/N: "Shit, Eliza, how long were you out in the rain?"

Ash: "Oh, you know... almost an hour."

Y/N: "You might have caught a cold. Here, ill drive us back."

Ash: "Thank you, Y/N, Reaper. I'm so happy you're coming back. Im sure everyone else will be as well."

Y/N, Reaper, and Ash ran back to the humvee, trying to keep Ash out of the rain for as long as he could. Once back at the humvee, Y/N drove them back to base. Thankfully when the got there, the rain had also passed as well. They made their way inside.

Y/N: "Alright, Eliza, go do something about that cold. Ill head over to Six's office."

Ash: "Alright. And Y/N, *she gives them the patches and tags* Welcome back."

Ash heads her own way while Reaper and Y/N head to Six's office. Along the way, they run into Valkyrie.

Valkyrie: "Oh, sorry abo- Y/N?"