Chapter 7 - A hot-headed rivalry

A/N: Just a quick note to not confuse anyone about the title, this is not a rivalry for Y/N's affection. Not yet at least. I recently found out that Ash and Mira have a bitter rivalry, so i wanted to try something humorous with it. With that said, enjoy.

Also, forgot to mention in the last chapter, Im using these --> {} as thought quotes, so you can know what operators are thinking.
____________________________________

As Y/N was coming out of Ela's toom after the tender moment they shared, He turned to face her again when she said that she still wanted to clear her mind by going for a walk around the perimeter of Hereford base and asked if he could come with her. He happily agreed to go with her. As they made their way outside, the cold breeze of a typical british windy day gave off a refreshing vibe to both of them. Y/N looked around to see that this base was more than meets the eyes, not only inside, but out. He noticed that they had their own private hangar near the base. As they got to the back of the base, he noticed a rec setup as well, almost in the shape of an olympic stadium, complete with a slightly smaller version of an olympic race track In the middle of said race track, there were a few activities that were meant for some fun ways to exercise and have fun, such as a basketball and tennis court.

Y/N: "Heh, ill bet it never gets boring around here. Never pictured back then that even on a military base, there's still plenty to do."

Ela: "Yeah, this place really isnt all that bad. It's seen many add-ons over the years based on what the others wanted. Just goes to show how much Six really cares about the operators she's working with."

Y/N: "Ill bet."

Y/N takes a glance over at the basketball court to see Montagne, Glaz and Blackbeard, all in casual wear, getting ready to play a 3v3 game with three recruits.

Y/N: "Might have to try sometime."

As they stopped for a moment watch, Ash, who was jogging laps around the track, spots Y/N and Ela and proceeds to make her way over.

Ash: "Hey, Y/N, Elż."

Y/N: "Oh, hey, Eliza."

Y/N could see that Ash was wearing a black sports bra with dark gray jogging shorts and shoes. She was covered in sweat, making her skin appear shiny under the light of the sun. But that didn't change the fact that she had a body that most women her age would kill to have. But then again, he assumes so do the other female operators.

Ash: "Holy shit, Y/N, that's what you look like under that tac mask?"

Y/N: "Yeah, i sometimes forget i have it on. I guess im just used to it."

Ash: "Well, im not gonna like. I really like what i see." {"Damn, i pictured him as handsome, but boy did he exceed my expectations."}

Ela: {"She better not try anything..."}

Y/N: "Ehhh, Im nothing special when it comes to the looks department. I still think my squadmate Masud was better looking than i am."

Ash: "Was?"

Y/N: "Yeah, he was killed by enemy soldiers during our war."

Ash: "Im sorry to hear that."

Y/N: "Yeah, but war's a war. Shot happens for a reason, i guess."

Out of nowhere, a tennis ball smacks Ash on the side of the head, causing her to stagger.

Y/N: "Eliza!" *he catches her and she soon regains her balance*

Ela: "Are you ok?"

Ash: "Yeah... yeah, im fine."

The three look toward the tennis court to see Mira. She's using a teniis ball dispenser to practice her strokes, but she's angled such to be able to hit Ash.