Chapter 42 - Quarantine Breach

The Quarantine zone was overrun, the lab was splattered with blood and limbs of the scientists working there, most of the barrack tents were destroyed and/or set on fire, most personnel infected or dead. The operators and few other soldiers stationed there were on their last stand as they fought for not only their lives, but for the lives of the entire world. They knew that if even one roach made it past them, the whole world would be at risk. The enemies were plentiful, and their ammo was becoming scarce.

Doc: *reloading his P90* "We cannot afford to let any of them pass!"

Dokkaebi: *covering fire* "There's too many of them!"

Glaz: "Last mag!"

The sound of their bullets was shortly deafened by the sound of a twin propelled Bell Boeing V-22 Osprey. The helo quickly touched down and opened the back hatch.

Y/N: "Everyone, in the chopper, now!"

As the operators piled in, some of the recruits continued firing, ignoring the orders.

Thermite: "Rookies, come on, let's go! That payload will be here any second!"

Recruit: *suppressing fire with an AR33* "We'll be right there! One minute."

Y/N: *taking potshots with his MR6* "Now isn't the time for this, recruits. This AO is lost. We have to go, now!"

One by one, the recruits also piled in, but one of them got grabbed by a Rooter and was starting to be dragged away.

Recruit: "FUCK, THEY GOT ME! *trying to hit the rooter* LET ME GO, YOU INFECTED FUCK!

Y/N: "Shit, hold on, Rookie. *jumps off the helo and runs to rescue him*

Ela: "Y/N!"

Dokkaebi: "Be careful!"

As the rooter started choking the recruit, it was bashed in the face by the barrel of Y/N's Drakon, forcing it to let its captive go. Y/N pulled the trigger multiple times until it was dead.

Y/N: "GO, NOW!"

The recruit makes a break for it and gets into the chopper.

Jäger: ["Y/N, everyone is here. Let's go!"]

Y/N: ["Ill be right there, start lifting off the ground"]

Jäger: ["But you're still not-"]

Y/N: ["Just do it."]

The osprey starts lifting off the ground and Y/N makes a mad dash for for it. He jumps as high as he can, and uses the mini-thrusters on his armor to give him enough height to grab the loading ramp. Doc and Ela are quick to help him in, all the while, Tachanka is suppressing fire with the mounted M240 machine gun.

Jäger: "The F-16 is approaching fast. Hang on, im giving this baby full power"

The team flies out of the AO as fast as they could, just in time for an F-16D fighter jet to fly on by. The operators watch as it quickly darts over the city, seeing the payload drop in the heart of the infected town. Moments later, a huge explosion blankets the entire town, destroying everything within. The team can only watch, as their last ditch effort to stop the infection from spreading takes its toll on the city.

...

*One hour earlier*

Having arrived back at the quarantine zone after a harrowing mission, the group headed back over to the barracks to debrief the situation. During the debrief, Y/N noticed Ash looking out of it. He could tell that she wasn't thinkng straight, assuming that she's still a bit traumatic over her near-death experience, and he couldn't blame her. After the debrief, Y/N waited a moment or two for everyone to leave before approaching her.