72. Liar, Liar

2004

Astoria felt drops of sweat leave her forehead, and her hands begin to moisten... The world around her looked gray, but bright lights shined down on her... The heat from the lights made her skin feel as if she were on fire... Figures surrounded her, and she felt her body being positioned by unknown hands.

"She's losing a lot of blood. We need to keep her stable..." A voice said faintly from the side of her.

Astoria felt strong enough to raise her head and speak dryly... "Where...where is he? Tell me..."

The young witch sprung up wide awake in her bed, nestled safely next to her husband who was blissfully sleeping. She watched his chest rise and fall with every breath and smirked quaintly at the sight of his muscle's spasms.

Such an odd dream, but she was relieved to wake up when she did. Astoria was often prone to nightmares, but that one felt almost too real. She shook her head and chalked it up to figments of her imagination.

Astoria wiped her forehead and noticed her entire face was dripping with perspiration. She swung her legs off the bed and trotted into the loo to splash some cool water on her face.

She sent to wipe her face but then noticed the intense scratch marks on her forearm. Her fingernails dug with hints of dried blood, but her skin felt as if it was scratched raw. "Must have been one intense dream." She thought to herself while muttered a simple healing charm to close the wounds.

Astoria felt something warm begin to trickle between her legs, and as she went to feel what it was, her fingers came back red. She rolled her eyes and realized she must be beginning her monthly menstruation. It had to be the reason for her sweating and anxious mindset.

Astoria was casting various cooking charms around her kitchen. The eggs in the pan were beginning to scramble and turn brown and white. The bacon began to turn itself over, and the orange juice sat on the windowsill squeezing into the juicer.

"Good morning, sweetie!"

Astoria swung her head to notice Andromeda coming through the front door with a basket of herbs and flowers, along with what looked like a bag of potions.

"Morning, Auntie." Astoria said while placing a kiss upon her cheek.

Moments later, a very sleepy, Draco emerged from the elongated hallway. He gave his Aunt a morning wave and summoned a cup of tea his way with his wand.

"What are the plans for today, you two?"

Draco peered up and Astoria and shrugged his shoulders. "Not entirely sure. Astoria has not been feeling the best lately so we might stay in—"

"What's wrong dear?" Andromeda interjected sharply while placing her hands on Astoria's cheeks and checking for a fever.

Astoria laughed and held her hands. "I'm fine. I have just been a tad dizzy lately, but I realized why last night. My period came early."

Andromeda reached into her bags of potions and held out a glass bottle with purple liquid inside. "Here. A brew of my own concoctions. It should clear up any monthly woes."

Astoria accepted the bottle gladly and thanked her kindly.

Astoria felt her head pierce with pain, and her chest felt as if an elephant was laying on top. She must have caught a virus that causes fatigue and headaches, it was the only explanation. Draco was preparing to Portkey to the Nott estate, and accompany Theo for a night of drinks and "wizard time." Which is a code for, "a night off from the wives."

Pansy would be meeting Astoria at the safehouse for a witch's night in, but she was feeling up for anything but entertaining a guest. All she wanted to do was crawl into a hot bath and retire early.