66. Portraits

2000

2000

To say Astoria was excited for a night out with one of her closest friends was an understatement. She could hardly contain her joy when trying to pick out the perfect blouse or dress. She modeled different outfits in front of Draco, and finally she landed on the perfect ensemble. A simple satin tan blouse, followed by a fitted skirt, paired with short chunky heels.

It had been almost a year since Astoria and Draco came to the Nott safehouse, and life for both was almost close to perfection.

Of course, adapting to strictly wandless magic took some time (more for Draco), but the couple has managed to find solace. Pansy and Theo had brought more personal items for their friends, such as Astoria's artists' easel, and Draco's broomstick. The young wizard missed the fresh open air while whizzing around, so Theo indulged.

The inside of the safehouse had turned into Astoria's gallery. Every time she felt inspired, or saw a beautiful view, she had to paint. On some occasions Draco painted a few canvas', but his idea of artwork was painting Astoria in the nude (those paintings were hidden in their bedroom). Astoria was against the idea at first, but once she saw how much Draco enjoyed himself, how could she deny him? Plus, after every painting they most likely made love until the paint was dry. Astoria called it 'payment' for Draco's artistry services.

However, the couples' favorite piece of artwork was of themselves. Draco and Astoria painted their own portraits of them as a couple, and with the help of Theo's wand the portrait became enchanted. Draco wanted there to be a real wizarding portrait of who they were, not the cold representation one they have in Malfoy Manor. In the portrait they created themselves it was nothing but smiles and soft hand kisses.

For many months now Draco and Astoria have been secluded in the safehouse. Neither of them wanted the other person to venture out, incase the identity charm was faulty, and they were recognized. Their whole world would crumble (again), and they would be forced to relocate.

But tonight, Astoria was going out to a pub with Pansy to enjoy a few pints and indulge in some social activity with some other people. Astoria primped her skin, fixed the hem of her skirt and waited for Pansy's arrival.

"Do I look okay?" She inquired while hooking the backs of her earrings.

Draco chuckled and gave her a smirk. "No."

Astoria smacked her arm harmlessly and sat upon his lap. She hooked her arms around his neck and looked at him with a playful pout.

"You look positively..." He left a soft kiss on the inside of her neck. "...gorgeous."

Astoria blushed and connected their lips in a passionate kiss. As they exchanged a few more pecks the fireplace lit up with green flames and the Nott's strolled on through.

Pansy and Theo were officially married on New Year's Eve, and it saddened Draco and Astoria greatly that they could not attend. Astoria was asked to be one of the bridesmaids, but she felt it was too dangerous to come out of hiding, plus she did not want to attend without Draco. The four friends gathered after the Nott's honeymoon, and had a quaint celebration of their own. It was the first time since Hogwarts that Astoria sat on the floor and drank wizarding vodka with her schoolmates. Surely, a night she will never forget.