𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙊𝙣𝙚

ever since arriving in mondstadt atleast two years ago, i had been practically taken in by diluc. he showed me the winery trade, and in return for protection, i completed any commissions or favours he had.

i had been residing in the dawn winery, diluc was kind enough to allow me to reside with him since he understood the 'hardships of trying to rent in mondstadt'.

as if he would understand.

i began walking from mondstadt  the dawn winery, making sure to clear any hilichurl camp i came across. it was no sweat. being a trained samurai with an anemo vision was a big hit or miss in places, especially in a place as bright as mondstadt. if it wasn't for diluc, i'd still be on the run from the shogun.

that, or rotting in a grave thanks to his antics from those years ago

upon arriving at the dawn winery, i was quickly granted access inside. i wandered over to diluc's office, to find him reading over a map of another nation. "there you are, y/n. i have an important task for you." he announced, standing from his chair and walking to the front of his desk,
leaning against the mahogany wood.

"i have a wine delivery going out to liyue harbour. something about the lantern rite. i need you to scout the areas that the delivery will be in. make sure it gets there safe, and, enjoy a getaway from your work here for a few days." he handed me a bag of mora.

"wow, master diluc.. thank you, but will i not be needed here?" i asked the man, placing the mora in another small bag that sat among the trinkets on my belt. "don't worry, your work will still be here when you return. go enjoy yourself y/n."

"you're leaving right away. do not worry, i had someone collect your essentials. you'll be staying with in wangshu inn." he waved his finger as he went to sit back at his desk. i bowed before leaving the winery, making my way down the paved path towards the cart where two merchants sat.

"let's get going." i hopped onto a small platform on the back of the cart, slamming it signalling i was ready to go. we took off. i breathed in the fresh air as mondstadts walls and windmills slowly disappeared in the distance.

————————

the final hilichurl dissolved into the air as i stood in my final battle stance. i lazily placed my sword in my belt as i unclipped my hip flask and took a swig of some water. i attached it once more and walked ahead of the cart. "don't stray off too far from the cart, y/n." the driver shouted out to me, but i shushed him, holding my hand out so the cart could stop.

i quickly placed my hand on the grip of my shiny blade, holding out the other so i could use anemo to blow away any oncoming enemies. i faced the cart and raised my eyebrows. the merchants had been quietly knocked out.

"now there, kid. make a wrong move and these merchants will hear to my blade."

i turned around to see a group of treasure hoarders. i sheathed my blade, the moon glistening in its shiny reflection. i glanced in my blades reflection to see treasure hoarders attempting to hide above the canyon. i chuckled quietly to myself.

"well, how many treasure hoarders and shogunate will the shogun send before she gets me?" i looked up at them, before launching myself into the air by using my anemo, falling back down and striking them, causing a boom to emit from the soil. i swung around as dozens of treasure hoarders surrounded me. "just give up! there's more of us!" one of the more powerful ones yelled as i was disarmed due to being distracted. i was kicked in the stomach and thrown to the ground.

"just.. kill me. i'll never go back to inazuma!" i yelled through painful grunts.

the treasure hoarders laughed. "you're coming back. alive." just as i had accepted my fate, a gust of wind emitted from a bush, before an unknown figure clashed down in a similar pattern that i did, knocking out the treasure hoarders almost instantly. i quickly stood and grabbed my blade, my right arm resting over my winded stomach as i backed away from the commotion. before i could see who saved my life, they were gone.

"what the fuck.." i whispered to myself as i glanced around. "h-hey! are you alright?" i turned around to see the merchants were hiding in the crate, having come back to consciousness during the fight. "i'm fine.." i quietly trailed off, still glancing around to see if the unknown person was still there.

they weren't.

the merchants set up a little padded seat next to the wine so i could rest. if any monsters came along, it wouldn't be good. i looked up into the sky, embracing its beauty. the stars fascinated me.

mona and i had been friends for a little while in mondstadt, she taught me a lot about astrology and the sky. i was also friends with a few of the knights, even though diluc didn't like the knights i admired their courage and dignity, especially jean. she did anything for her home.

and then theres the insolent, annoying bard. don't get me wrong, we're drinking buddies and it's often him carrying me home, although we're both drunk. sometimes he stays in my house and plays the lyre at ungodly hours.

i liked these kind of friends, the friends that care. they leave me behind. they don't go into battle with archons.

they're normal.

IM ON A SMALL 5 HOUR ROADTRIP RN SO I DECIDED TO WRITE THIS AND ANOTHER CHONGYUN CHAPTER 🤩

i wanna carry this on i have an idea of a plot unlike my chongyun book lmao

[edited]