𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙉𝙞𝙣𝙚𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣

"alright, you can accompany teppei tomorrow with patrol. but just, wear your cape and kasa. stay hidden." gorou sighed as he turned to face another soldier, quickly dismissing us. teppei and i walked back to the campsite in a comfortable silence. since i my arrival, teppei and masachi had been my friends.

the puddles from the everlasting rain splashed around as we stomped in them. i wrapped the cape further around my shoulders, shivering at the dropping temperatures.

"teppei, i'm gonna head to my tent. if you need me just call on me." i nodded and made my way over to my tent, opening the flap and crawling inside. i took off my kasa and cape and left them neatly over my small stool.

i flopped onto my bedroll, staring up at the ceiling. i couldn't help but feel outcasted among the people of the resistance. like i was a burden.

then, my mind switched to the 100th vision ceremony.

how could someone withstand the shoguns' divine punishments? i had practically witnessed it first hand, when tomo was defeated by kujou sara and the shogun gave him a divine punishment.

i lay a frail arm over my stomach and closed my eyes, eventually drifting off to my thoughts clouding my senses.

———————————————————————

"if this adeptus is practically fighting against you for y/n, why are we asking for his help?" beidou questioned as the pair made their way out of the gates of liyue. they were headed to the wangshu inn.

"if it's to save y/n from inazuma, he'll help us." kazuha confidently waved his hand in the air, quickly folding his arms and picking up the pace. "calm down, kid. your injury isn't fully healed yet. you're really excited to see them aren't you?" beidou laughed as she let a spark of electro emit from the tips of her fingers.

kazuha nodded quietly, slowly down the pace. "i feel guilty, i should've gone after them."

"don't worry, i'm sure they're fine. if anything bad happened to them, we'd be notified." beidou walked infront of kazuha. "cmon. enough chattering and more walking."

———————————————————————

i awoke the following morning to teppei calling out my name.

"let's go! we have to go patrolling, remember?" he yelled, poking his head through the tent flap.

"well, good morning."

"good morning, teppei. get out i need to get ready." i ushered him out of the tent as i got myself ready. grabbing my sword, cape, kasa.

i left the tent to be greeted by gorou and teppei standing in front of it. "morning, y/n!" gorou smiled, his tail wagging. his tail caught up some dust from the ground and waved it about. "this morning, you'll be headed out to the paths. you're patrolling. if you see any shogunate samurais or soldiers y/n, hide. teppei can deal with it." gorou bowed his head and walked off, leaving teppei and i alone.

"let's head off then, shall we?" teppei smiled as we left the campsite, heading towards the path we were patrolling.

eventually, we arrived. teppei stood guard as i sat on a boulder, acting as a surprise attack if shogunate samurais were to approach. suddenly, there were atleast four pairs of loud footsteps. teppei glanced over in a panic and motioned with his hand for me to hide. i dove behind the boulder and listened closely.

"hey, you haven't seen a fugitive around have you-" a loud voice said, but quickly cut himself off. "you're with the resistance!" he yelled as i heard weapons being drawn. i gasped and gripped my sword, hopping up onto the boulder and leaping into the air, crashing down and stumbling the samurais and teppei.

"it's the fugitive!" one of them yelled as they all began trying to tackle me. i dodged them and their attacks as i slashed at them. teppei had fallen over and was pinned down by a samurai.

i was faced with the biggest samurai of the rest of them.

"you're ours, girlie." (childe? is that you? why are you in inazuma?)

just as he was about to tackle me, a thundering billow of electro came tumbling down ontop of each samurai, knocking them to the ground. i was thrown back by a mysterious figure. they quickly defeated each of the samurais. my eyes pinged open as i gasped. the person turned around, reaching a hand out, but as soon as they recognised me, they pulled me to my feet and wrapped their arms around me in a tight embrace.

"aether?!" i exclaimed as i hugged them back. he laughed into my shoulder as a response.

"i've been searching for you for days!" aether smiled as he glanced to the side, paimon appearing beside him. "how could you fall off the boat like that?! you had paimon worried!" she yelled as she placed her small hands on one of my shoulders, gently shaking it. i laughed as i felt tears prick my eyes.

"i've never been happier to see familiar faces. i'm sure teppei wouldn't mind bringing you back to the resistance. right?" i glanced over at teppei, who was dusting off his pants. "absolutely! you saved our lives, i'm sure gorou would like recruits such as you. you are signing up, right?" he questioned. paimon and aether nodded in unison.

"great, let's go." i smiled as teppei led the way back to the camp.

OMG GUYS I FOUND THIS AMAZING VIDEO YOU SHOULD WATCH IT

meheheheh

i wrote half of this chapter during in the doctors office 💪 hardworking

long ass chapter coming soon 😻

edit: dexter thanks you for 10k views ❤️