𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙏𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮

upon arrival at the resistances' headquarters, gorou stood outside the main building with two soldiers.

"gorou. this person would like to sign up." teppei smiled. gorou folded his arms and looked aether up and down. "we're looking for reliable people to join our forces. is there anything significant you've done that can prove that?" gorou questioned. aether nodded and placed his hands on his hips.

"you know about the 100th vision ceremony?" he questioned. i glanced away and furrowed my eyebrows. it couldn't be..

"yes. everyone at the camp has been talking about it. why are you bringing it up?" teppei questioned, stepping forward a bit.

"it was me."

i gasped as i took a step backwards. gorous eyes pinged open and so did teppei's. i looked between them in shock. i could just about process the fact that aether had been the one to survive divine punishment and live to tell the tale.

"that was you?!" gorou exclaimed as his ears perked up. "well, on behalf of the sangonomiya resistance, i welcome you to our ranks. since you're well acquainted with y/n here, and they're well acquainted with teppei, allow them to show you around the camp."

aether followed teppei and i as we walked towards the camp, but i couldn't help but ponder. how could one survive divine punishment and live to tell the tale?

to think, tomo could've survived.

he didn't even need to trial kujou sara.

i sighed and turned towards aether and paimon, who were glancing around in awe. "unfortunately, i'm going to return to my tent. it's good to see you, aether. my tent is over there if i'm needed." i nodded towards my tent before walking towards it.

for some reason, i didn't feel as happy as i did when i first saw aether before again.

this region was depressing for me. i thought inazuma was always my home, but it bothered me to be back.

maybe inazuma wasn't my home anymore.

the only place i've felt genuinely happy was in liyue, before the disasters with the adeptus and kazuha.

kazuha.

i sighed as i flopped my back onto my bedroll, my cape draped around me like a blanket. i stared at the ceiling of the tent, soft raindrops dotting the tent in an interesting pattern. i watched as two raindrops raced down the side of the tent. the one on the left winning and dropping off the tent quicker than the one on the right.

i closed my eyes, taking a deep breath as i remembered the nights tomo, kazuha and i spent in the tents during stormy nights.

eventually, my eyes fell heavy as i fell asleep, the sound of soft rain hitting the tent only sent me off faster.

———————————————————————

"we're here." kazuha panted as he made his way up the stairs, beidou following behind. "where exactly is this adeptus? i'd like to get to inazuma as soon as possible, for the plan and for y/n." beidou sighed as she carried herself up the stairs. kazuha squinted his eyes as they made it to the top of the stairs. "i'm mainly going there for y/n."

the pair made their way over to verr goldet, who immediately recognised kazuha.

"how are you? kazuha? how's y/n?" she questioned sweetly as she took out some papers and began scribbling on them.

"we need to talk to xiao." kazuha pleaded, placing either hand each side of the counter. verr goldet folded her arms and sighed, leaning backwards.