𝙀𝙥𝙞𝙡𝙤𝙜𝙪𝙚

i lied, this is the epilogue lmao
also this final chapter leans more towards a feminine reader, i apologise if you don't like it

the footsteps of sandals were dragged through the sand, towards a small opening in a cliff. there, knelt a samurai.

an ex wanderer.

the wanderer had been through tremendous things, travelling throughout tevyat, achieving the highest goals, fighting the deadliest of fights.

but, they decided to settle in the region they always called home.

kazuha knelt before his friends sword, the vision, however, wasn't present.

kazuha sighed, opening his eyes at the sound of quiet footsteps approaching him.

he turned to see them.

his spouse, and him.

their son.

—————————

i followed the footsteps that were embedded in the dunes. they were quickly being washed up by the waves that crashed past the rocks near the edge of the land.

"mama.." the young boy murmured in my arms, he was slowly falling asleep, leaning his head on my shoulder. i shushed him, placing my hand on his head as i followed the footsteps towards the opening in the cliff.

i walked around the corner, to see someone kneeling at the end of it. i smiled, knowing instantly that it was my spouse.

smiling, i quietly approached him.

he must've heard, though, because he turned his head, slowly rising to his feet.

he smiled, approaching me and taking our youngest son from my hands.

"did fujin already fall asleep?" kazuha whispered as he cradled the sleeping boy in his arms. i ran my hands through his almost-white hair, smiling. "yeah. i-"

i was interrupted by the sound of fujin stirring in his sleep. he grasped kazuhas' shoulder tightly.

"heh. adorable." kazuha smiled, before turning back to the sword.

"it's been too long since it happened. if only he could've been here to see the abolishment of the decree." i sighed, approaching the sword.

i knelt infront of it, placing a hand in my pocket.

"his sacrifice gave the people more courage. although it is sad, his sacrifice is likely appreciated by those affected by the decree." kazuha explained as he admired the sword.

i pulled out his vision.

i held it out in my palms, lowering my
head as a sign of respect, before placing it infront of the sword.

kazuha stood beside me, placing a free hand on my shoulder. i looked up towards him. he was smiling down at me.

he nodded slowly towards fujin.

i used my hands to help me stand, dusting off my clothing from the sand, before taking fujin from my spouses' grasp.

i glanced down at his left hand.