𝘼𝙣 𝙖𝙡𝙩𝙚𝙧𝙣𝙖𝙩𝙚 𝙪𝙣𝙞𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙨𝙚.

an alternative universe in which xiao is your lover and you live together in the wangshu inn. tw: ooc xiao

"don't go yet."

"i have to, love. i'm sorry. i'll make it up to you." xiao placed a soft hand in the back of my head, planting a soft kiss on my forehead before disappearing into the air. i sighed, flopping onto the bed that we shared in despair.

it was one of the only nights i could even see my lover. and he had to go. stupid demons. always taking up our time.

i sighed as i slid out of the bed. xiao and i had shared an apartment-type in the wangshu inn, and we had for a small while. it had been a while since i resigned from the dawn winery and took up a position as a free lance commissioner.

getting out of bed, i made my way down to the front counter towards verr goldet. i enjoyed helping her,

and it was the way we kept our small apartment.

"good morning, y/n!" she exclaimed happily as she shuffled through files of taxes. "i'm taking it xiao had to go off again, hm?"

i nodded slowly, letting out a fake smile. "yeah, he did."

"oh, what a shame. he was boasting about his day off just last night. must've been high off the several plates of almond tofu he had." verr chuckled as she handed me a sheet of paper. "commission i have for you." i folded up the paper and placed it in my pocket, before looking back up at verr.

"he was boasting?"

"oh, of course. it's so adorable to see how fond he is of a person. you've changed him, y'know." i felt my cheeks burn up at this. i had no idea i had changed him that much. i nodded before walking out onto the balcony. i opened up the paper and examined it.

clean out a hilichurl camp nearby.

investigate mechanic sounds south of inn.

i sighed as i turned around. clear the hilichurl camp first.

wouldn't be killing this hilichurl thonot even the grass can help me now

not even the grass can help me now

i found myself hiding in a tree near a hilichurl campsite. there were a few small hilichurl running around, with one larger one with an axe sitting down. i took a deep breath, before leaping down and and sending the smaller hilichurls whizzing through the air.

the large hilichurl swung its axe around, i narrowly avoided its hits.

i managed to clear out the smaller hilichurls, but now i was left with the large one. i stood in a battle stance infront of it, ready to charge, but before i could, i was sent flying backwards by an attack it countered, sending me into a boulder. i wasn't injured, but maybe the adrenaline made it so i didn't feel anything. as the hilichurl slowly approached, i struggled to stand.