𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙏𝙝𝙞𝙧𝙩𝙮 𝙎𝙞𝙭

"ganyu, are you sure this will be a good way to get to mondstadt?"

"i'm positive. if it's to save a nation, cloud retainer will have trouble declining. i'm sure of it."

we hiked up the peak that cloud retainer resided at. it turned out that ganyu was an adeptus, and she knew cloud retainer well. so, she offered to bring us to cloud retainer, so she could help us get to mondstadt.

"we could've been halfway to mondstadt by now if we just went on our own." kazuha mumbled into my ear as we hiked.

"oh, shush. you just don't want to hike with us. you just want to use your anemo tricks to float up." i scolded kazuha, earning a guilty chuckle from him.

"you're right. i won't disagree with you, darling."

eventually, we were at the top of the peak and standing before a large lake, with a stone table in the middle of it.

"cloud retainer?" ganyu called out, running a hand along the stone that engulfed the area. as soon as she called out her name, a large bird suddenly swooped in from above, landing infront of her.

kazuha and i jumped back in surprise. he grasped my shoulder and pulled me further away from the bird and ganyu.

"what business dyou have here, bringing mere mortals into my meditative plain?" the bird announced, standing high and mighty before us.

"this is y/n, and.." ganyu's hand quickly curled up into a ball, trying to remember his name.

kazuha sighed and stepped forward. "kaedehara kazuha."

"step down, mortal." cloud retainer flapped her wings ferociously, causing kazuha to stumble backwards. cloud retainer stopped flapping her wings, and looked back at the other woman with us.

"what is your business, ganyu?"

"well, these people need to get to mondstadt. you're aware of.. xiaos other half. he's taken control and went to 'test his strength' on mondstadt." ganyu explained.

"so. you need me to bring them to mondstadt?" cloud retainer cocked her head slightly to the side in annoyance and confusion.

"yeah, we need to be there as soon as possible." i added into the conversation.

cloud retainer thought for a solid minute, before giving her answer.

"no."

"what? we need to get there. mondstadt is a defenceless nation without an archon. alatus could quite literally step on mondstadt and the entire place will become kaenrihah." i raised my voice slightly at the adeptus.

"don't raise your voice at me. how dare you come to my peaceful abode and throw accusations!" cloud retainer scoffed.

"i wasn't throwing accusations-"

cloud retainer cut me off.

"no no no. if you want to go to mondstadt, you must apologise for your despicable behaviour." cloud retainer tutted, pointing a wing at me.

i knelt down infront of the majestic bird, placing my hands together and looking down at the ground.

"cloud retainer, i'm very sorry-"

"don't fool around. stand up. that's pathetic."

i gritted my teeth, using my hands to hoist me from my kneeling position.

"cloud retainer, i am truly sorry for how i have acted in your.. abode. i ask for your forgiveness."

cloud retainer remained silent.