𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙏𝙝𝙞𝙧𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣

i wandered along the quiet road, searching for any signs for kazuha at all. knowing him, his last choice would to go into the city.

on the road, i found the cart i had abandoned. looks like the merchants didn't take it back to the winery either. i sighed as i made my way over to the cart, climbing ontop of it and sitting down. i took this moment to analyse my surroundings.

the trees swayed softly in the nightly breeze. the occasional boar could be heard, pattering around in the fields. i closed my eyes and took a deep breath. for the first time in a while, i felt calm. i almost forgot about my worries for a moment.

keyword, almost.

"y/n?"

my eyes pinged open to see kazuha. (surprise, he's obsessed with you innit 🤨)  i slightly panicked and stood up from my seat.

"i know you asked for space, but i couldn't wait any longer. i was headed to the dawn winery to find you, but-"

i sighed as i jumped down from the cart and looked up at him. "you were sitting on this cart." he continued. "i'm still very sorry. you don't have to forgive me yet but please give me a sign that i'm not being let down."

i nodded slowly and bit my lip (😩). i slowly reached down and grabbed his bandaged hand, causing him to flinch.

"i can forgive you. but, please don't treat me that way again." i smiled as i looked up into his eyes. it was as if he held the weight of the world in them, but still stayed around here with me.

impulsively, i softly pecked his cheek. when i pulled away, i noticed that kazuhas cheeks were tinted a bright red.

kazuha scratched the back of his neck and looked around. "i just realised i don't have anywhere to stay." he chuckled nervously as i loosened the grip on his hand. "you can stay in the dawn winery with us. i'm sure diluc doesn't mind." i let go of his hand and began walking back towards the dawn winery.

my hand was gently yanked back. i turned to see kazuha tugging at my hand. when i looked at him, he nervously looked away with his hand still holding mine.

"can i hold your hand?" he asked as he glanced up at me. i felt my cheeks flush as i nodded slowly. "of course."

we walked back to the dawn winery, forgetting about the fact that we were holding hands. upon entering the building, we were met with a drunk bard.

"t-this is democracy!" venti yelled as he pointed at the wine splattered all over the floor. "i demand to see my best friend- OH. hey y/n!" venti giggled as he waved his hand at me. he clasped his hand over his mouth and let out a quiet burp.

"you're disgusting." i sighed as i glanced over at kazuha. he was holding my hand tighter.

venti must've noticed the other person with me, because he stopped acting like an idiot and fixed his posture. "oh, so is this that kazuha you've been sulking and drinking about-" i rushed over and covered ventis mouth, nervously laughing over at kazuha. "you've had too much wine. you know where the guest quarters are." i patted ventis back as he began walking towards the stairs, but did a double take and walked over to the dining table, snatching a bottle of vintage wine before scurrying off back upstairs.

"i'm sorry about him. he cant have even a drop of alcohol without acting like a drunkard." i sighed as i walked towards dilucs' office. kazuha nodded his head and followed me.

i knocked and entered to find diluc sipping some grape juice and reviewing some papers. when he saw us he instantly glared at kazuha with a scowl and placed his grace juice aside.