𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙏𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮 𝙀𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩

the next morning was panicking.

diluc had found out we didn't sleep in separate rooms, so he was chasing kazuha around the winery with a rolled up parchment.

"i told you- both!" diluc lunged at kazuha, he swiftly floated upwards using his anemo burst to escape him. "separate rooms!"

i sighed as i walked over to kazuha, grabbing his arm and dragging him to the front door. "thank you for your hospitality, diluc. but we must leave. farewell."

i opened the door, slamming it shut once kazuha exited the house. "real mature, kazuha."

"he was the one chasing me."

"he's overprotective. cmon, we need to go." we walked over to the cart, where the merchant sat patiently for us. we boarded the cart, this time kazuha sat up front, and we made our way back to liyue.

after a few hours, we were past the boarder and headed towards dihua marsh. i stood up from my seat as i took in my surroundings.

i didn't have responsibilities back in mondstadt. i could live in liyue.

suddenly, there was a deafening shriek in the distance, it sounded like a hilichurl. the merchant stopped the cart as kazuha and i climbed out of it. i withdrew my sword and walked towards the sounds. behind a tree, was a pile of corrupted hilichurl bodies. standing in front of them was a masked, slender figure.

xiao.

i rushed over, putting my sword away as i approached him. kazuha still walked further behind, disinterested in what was happening.

"xiao, did you kill these?" i questioned as i made my way beside him, kneeling down to inspect the corpses. xiao waved a hand infront of his face, his mask disappearing into the air.

"what do you think?"

"right, sorry. anyway, i was actually hoping to run into you, xiao-"

"not now." xiao interrupted as he quickly sheathed his pole arm, kicking it into his hand. he confidently walked over towards some distance, untellable language.

hilichurls, again.

corrupted, of course.

xiao took one look at them and conjured his mask, striking up into the air and plunging ontop of them. within a few hits, they all lay dead on the path. xiao turned to me and once more made his mask disappear.

"what do you need to discuss?"

-kazuha had decided to turn around and walk back to the cart, not wanting to see the adeptus. he trusted y/n, and he slightly trusted that the adeptus wouldn't do anything.-

"kazuha and i went to mondstadt yesterday, and some of those corrupted hilichurls had made their way near the dawn winery-"

suddenly, xiao cut me off by placing a gloved hand over my my mouth. my voice was muffled as i tried pulling him off.

"they were in mondstadt?"

i nodded as he still covered my mouth.

xiao slowly retracted his mouth and folded his arms, sighing and turning his face to look at the sky.

"something needs to be done about that. if they get too close to the city of mondstadt it could end in something fatal for the mortals there." he explained as he closed his eyes, facing downwards.

"mondstadt has to be warned about them, they can help-"

"no."

"xiao, they need to be warned of potential dangers."