𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙁𝙤𝙪𝙧𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣

kazuha slowly opened his eyes, but quickly shut them due to the sun rays splitting in through the drapes. after adjusting, kazuha opened them again and looked around. looking down, he saw y/n sleeping in his arms. kazuha didn't want to disturb them, so he sat in a comfortable silence. eventually, he felt y/n stirring.

———————————————————————

i slowly opened my eyes, feeling something weighing on me as i tried to stand.

"good morning." a raspy voice came from beside me. i froze as i looked up and saw kazuha, looking down and smiling. his eyelids were heavy as he was still slightly tired. i gasped as i pulled away from his grasp.

"im sorry, i didn't realise that i-" i began apologising, quickly gathering the sheets as i sat on the edge of the bed. kazuha leaned over and rested his hand in his palm as he looked up at me. "don't be sorry. but i might have to get out of here before diluc comes around."

"why's that?"

"he'll probably kill me if he sees us in the same room. do you not remember his orders last night?" kazuha laughed silently as he stood up from the bed completely, stretching his arms and his back as he sighed.

"by the way, i wasn't even supposed to stay here overnight. i'll be headed back to liyue today." kazuha said to me as i rubbed my forehead. "what, why..?" i asked, feeling slightly annoyed that he was leaving.

"we're headed to inazuma, remember?" kazuha replied, fixing the hem of his shirt. i contemplated what i was about to propose for a second, but i decided to ask anyways.

"can i come with you?"

kazuha stopped in his tracks and spun around on his heel. "you want to travel back to inazuma? just so you know, we're only dropping the traveler off and leaving again, right?" kazuha enquired as he tilted his head and leaned against the doorway. i nodded my head. "i'll need to convince master diluc first. but i want to go." i nodded and smiled slightly. as soon as kazuha left, i rapidly got into my appropriate attire, clipping my trinkets on my belt and attaching my sword to its holster. i practically ran out of my room, sitting on the bannister and sliding down it.

when i hit the bottom of the bannister, however, i fell over the knob at the bottom and toppled over on the floor, my legs dangling in the air as i lay on my stomach. i looked up to see diluc and venti, fighting over the fact that venti was stealing from his pantry.

"are you alright?" diluc questioned as he snatched the wine from venti's hands. "im.. it's all.. good." i coughed as i gave him a thumbs up, slowly dragging myself off of the floor. "im surprised you didn't get sick. well, im off. thank you for having me over, master diluc." venti said as he snatched the bottle back from diluc and fled. diluc sighed as he rubbed his temple and shook his head.

"master diluc. i know i just got back from liyue a week ago, but.. i'd love to accompany the alcor to inazuma. i know, im wanted there or whatever, but we're not even entering the country. just the harbour, then beidou's taking us right back."

"..right. and how long will this journey be?"

"a few days at most, but i'll make up for the time when i get back." i smiled nervously up at diluc. he sighed and nodded his head. "alright. but make up the extra time. and don't set foot in inazuma. got it?" diluc sternly warned me. i excitedly nodded my head and smiled.

"thank you, master diluc."

( diluc is so fine

sorry, anyways. )

i walked back up the stairs, approaching kazuha's door. i gently knocked on it and opened the door, revealing kazuha sitting at the desk in his room, examining something. as soon as he saw me, he quickly rolled up the map and stood up from the chair he sat on.

"so, what did diluc say?" kazuha questioned as he approached me.

"i can go." i smiled as i looked up at him. kazuha smiled and wrapped his arms around me, pulling me into a tight embrace. i gasped at the sudden action, but i quickly fell into it and hugged him back.

THIS IS A FILLER CHAPTER BECAUSE THE NEXT CHAPTER IS LOOOONGGG ASF

also, i'm feeling pretty dazed as all my nurses and doctors seem to somehow be related to me? it's awkward when they ask about school 😻

also, since no one asked, face reveal. because. i like this picture.

LEAVE ME ALONE I CANT TAKE PICTURES FOR MY DAMN LIFEEE 😩

anyways, ty for 6k and get ready for a long ass chapter tmrw 💪