𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙏𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮 𝙎𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣

i had packed the last of what i needed for the journey to mondstadt. i sighed as i admired the room i had been staying in.

diluc had arranged for a cart to bring us up past the border and to the winery. upon arriving at the cart, i recognised one of the merchants that i had shared a job with to liyue a bit ago. he smiled, patting the front seat, which i took. i glanced back at kazuha, who was sat cross-legged in the back of the cart, his arms folded.

"sorry, old friends catching up you could say." i reassured him as i turned back to catch up with the merchant.

-kazuha couldn't help but feel left out. he wanted to be the one you spoke to with such passion. he felt jealous.-

hours passed, and we eventually arrived at the border separating liyue and mondstadt. i could see the winery in view. the cart slowed as we decided to take a quick break to grab some water from the nearby stream and freshen up before we arrived at the winery.

the merchant sat on the cart as kazuha and i headed down to the stream. i cupped the water in my hands, splashing it in my face. i rubbed my eyes before glancing at kazuha. he stared intently at the water, he was on his knees with his hands on them.

"kazuha, what-"

"shush."

i scoffed as i stood up, but kazuha quickly yanked me back down. "silence, my dear."

i sat beside my lover, cross-legged as i confusingly watched him. suddenly, an arrow whizzed through the air, kazuha dodging it as it missed his head by a mere metre. my eyes widened in horror as i saw a group of hilichurls charging forward over the bridge that connected liyue and mondstadt. these hilichurls were very different, though.

they seemed duller, as if they were under something's control. black smoke fogged around them all. i quickly scrambled to my feet, drawing my sword as i held it as a shield infront of me. kazuha slowly rose from his knees, placing his right hand on the grip of his sword.

i glanced down at his grip, noticing his sword glowing a bright hue as he withdrew it.

"fallen leaves-"

"kazuha-"

"adorn my night!"

a gust of wind swivelled around us and the hilichurls, the wind slashing at the hilichurls and quickly wiping them out.

kazuha looked back at me, breathless. "they're not normal hilichurls."

i shook my head as i tried catching my breath. "no, they're not. they're usually the type of hilichurl xiao slays. why are they here, though.." i muttered the last part as i turned around, walking back to the cart.

"we should ask xiao about this tomorrow, when we return to liyue."

"oh, gladly. we can ask him together." kazuha smirked as he caught up with me, matching my steady pace. i rolled my eyes as i nudged him away.

"what are you doing to him? you got me, aren't you satisfied enough?" i questioned as i folded my arms and glared at him.

"just want to show off the prize."

"prize?"

"prize."

"alrighty, kazuha. you can sleep in the cart tonight."

"but-"

i cut him off by hopping up onto the cart, kazuha sat back in the back of the cart and we headed off. we didn't bother mentioning it to the merchant. he wouldn't understand.

we arrived at the dawn winery. upon entering, i was greeted by the smell of freshly cut wood. it was lavish.

i made my way to dilucs' office, where he sat patiently for my arrival.