𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙏𝙚𝙣

y'all, the seggsy xiao stuff is purely a build up for angst 🤨 it'll happen wait 🙏

i awoke to knocking on my door. slowly standing, i trudged over to the door and opened it slightly. there stood xiao and the two merchants. the merchants piled into the room, while xiao still stood at the door. he looked mad, as usual.

he handed me a rolled up piece of parchment.

"from mondstadt." he said, leaning his shoulder against the doorframe, crossing one leg infront of the other. i unrolled it.

y/n,
that's very unfortunate about your injury, i feel youd he better off coming back to the dawn winery now so you can make a full recovery in a familiar environment. i sent for the merchants myself, they have a cart set up for you to sit comfortably in on the way back home.

until we meet again,
Master Diluc.

i smiled at the writing. apparently i was leaving liyue this evening. "you both, we're leaving this evening. i want a chance to pack and say goodbye." i waved the merchants off, clicking my fingers at my luggage. when i said i'd pack, i meant that the merchants would pack for me. i turned around to xiao. he was standing a lot closer. he looked down at me in disbelief.

"you're leaving, huh?"

——————————————————————

the pattering of kazuha's sandals hit the soil as he ran through the plains of liyue. he could see wangshu inn in the distance of where he was. he had no idea why he ran, but he had to get to them.

before anyone else did.

kazuha ran onto the wooden platform, hopping over the railings and making his way over to the elevator. he impatiently waited as it slowly rose up.

kazuha ran into the main lobby, where verr goldet screeched happily. "you're here! i'm assuming you're here to see y/n off back to mondstadt right?" she smiled, folding up a piece of paper. kazuha's face dropped as he heard those words fly from the woman's mouth.

"they're going back to mondstadt..?" he asked quietly. verr goldet nodded in response and pointed towards the stairs.

"she's still here. she's up there with those merchants and xiao."

xiao. of course.

————————————————————

"i must. i cant spend my entire life in liyue, xiao." i sighed as i turned towards the merchants, they were confused in what they were packing. i turned back to xiao once more, making direct eye contact with him. i parted my lips slightly as i looked into his amber eyes. xiao closed the ever-so slight gap between us, slowly lifting a hand and placing it on my upper arm.

my breath hitched as i felt his touch.

——————————————————

kazuha ran up the stairs, glancing left and right for y/n's room. he made his way slowly down the hall, turning left.

that's when his entire body froze. he didn't know what he was looking at and if he wanted to look or not. his jaw dropped at the sight of it.

—————————————————

xiao gazed into my eyes as he brought his free hand up, lifting my chin up further with his thumb. suddenly, i was pulled into a very forced, yet soft kiss. i felt butterflies in my stomach as xiao planted his soft lips against mine. i closed my eyes as he did this, but all of a sudden xiao abruptly pulled back and looked to the left. i glanced in the same direction and my heart stopped.

kazuha stood there, his sword clattered against the floor. i realised that xiao was still holding me, so i pushed him away. kazuha turned around and began running down the hallway, so i slowly followed, trying to keep up but the bandages and the pain forbid it.

"k-kazuha!" i gasped after him. i leaned against the doorway that went from the hallway of rooms into the main lobby. kazuha was standing outside on the balcony, leaning against the railing. i slowly limped out onto the balcony after him.

"kazuha.." i placed a hand on his shoulder, but he threw it off.

"why cant you just make up your goddamn mind?!" he yelled, extending his open hand pit to his left.

"make up what?!" i yelled back, there was a large lump in my throat.

"you don't understand how hard it is for me to see your interactions with that adeptus!" kazuha yelled, blinking back tears.

————————————————

kazuha had a lump in his throat, but he carried his proud stance.

he was fucking head over heels with them, and he thought they liked him back.

but they were kissing the adeptus. who knows how many times they kissed already?!

kazuha turned around, facing the elevator that was a good few feet away.

"just, leave me alone. good luck with him. but you know that i would treat you better. you wanna know how i know that?!" kazuha turned his head to face y/n.

the heavens opened, small rain drops fell onto the pair as y/n hunched over infront of kazuha.

the tears began falling down his face.

"i think i fucking love you, y/n. if you love him, good for you. good for fucking you." he pointed towards the inn, before turning around and walking towards the elevator.

y/n felt tears fall down their face. "if you love me, why did you leave me in inazuma that time, huh? why were you so shitty to me?!" they yelled. kazuha stopped, not daring to turn around and let them see his crying face.

"i guess i didn't know about my feelings back then." he walked off, onto the elevator, and out of sight.

y/n fell to her knees, hopelessly hugging herself, letting her tears fall. they felt a hand on their shoulder.

it was xiao.

"leave me alone, xiao. i need to go." y/n pushed him away, making their way towards their room.

————————————————————

i shoved my way through my room, pushing the merchants aside and practically throwing the small amount of things i had into my suitcase. one of the merchants picked it up as the other carried my sword. i was beyond excited to get out of liyue and start fresh in mondstadt.

i walked into the lobby, checking out with verr goldet. xiao was nowhere in sight. good. i couldn't face him or kazuha at the moment, maybe even ever again.

we walked through the thundering rain towards the cart. eventually, we were on our way back to mondstadt.

uhm i'm not good at angst i'm sorry 💪😀

I GOT OVER MY SOCIAL ANXIETY TODAY AND HELPED LOWER LEVELS IN GENSHIN IMPACT 🤠

anyways i'll start updating less because i'm beginning to feel more ill now so 😧

tysm for almost 3k reads woah