𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙁𝙤𝙪𝙧

i jolted awake, sitting upright from the tree i fell asleep under. i felt sweat beads drip down from my hair as my hands shook. i remembered the dream that i had. i stood up, my legs shaking as i had been sitting for hours. i looked up and down the road, tears brimming my eyes as i cupped my cheeks with my hands, trying to discreetly wipe them away. i walked along the path, my sword clinking against my leg. unconsciously, i had walked back to liyue. while i made my way down the path, i couldn't stop thinking about the dream i had. i had never remembered dreams before, so this was unusual.

"y/n!" a voice erupted from behind me. i turned round to see the merchants emerge from behind a tree. "what we're you doing behind that tree?" i nodded towards the tree. "we were concerned that you didn't make it back to the wangshu inn. wait, why're your eyes puffy?" one of them enquired. i cleared my throat and patted my hip unconsciously. "no reason. please escort me to that inn." i sighed as they began walking me back to the inn.

upon arrival, verr goldet was waiting for me at the counter. "darling, you didn't come back last night? are you okay?" she tried putting her callused hands on my face, but i swatted them away. "i'm fine. although i'd find it better if you didn't try and touch my face." i turned on my heel and stomped to my room. i swung the door open, then shut it with the same amount of force. i didn't even want to see the lantern rite, but i stayed for the sake of the merchants.

knock knock.

i turned towards the door and placed a delicate hand on the doorknob, but i didn't open it. "who is it?" i tiredly asked through the door. silence. there was another knock, a lighter one this time. i groaned and swung open the door to reveal kazuha. "what the fuck are you doing here- no, how did you even find me?" i questioned him as i rubbed my temple in confusion. a small gust of wind blew gently through his hair as he looked at me with ruby red eyes. "the wind talks. and it brought me to you." i rolled my eyes and went to slam the door, but kazuha placed his foot in the doorway. i could hear a slight grunt of pain cone from his mouth. i reopened the door. kazuha stared at my eyes as i looked at him in confusion. "you've been crying, friend." he reached out to touch my cheek, but i slapped his hand away. "no, i haven't. please just go." i pointed at the staircase that led downstairs. kazuha just stared at me. "go!" i yelled.

he folded his arms and leaned against the doorway, crossing one of his legs over the tiger and resting it on the tip of his boot.

"why do you hate me?" he questioned. my eyes shut open and my jaw dropped in disbelief. i began laughing sarcastically. "there's no way you don't remember why i hate you." i nodded at his bandaged hand. he lifted the hand and examined it. "rightt, holding a petty grudge over a masterless vision. my only goal is to find someone worthy of having his vision. yours was probably to keep it, along with others you've probably collected. it was your dream to own them, of course." kazuha nodded down at my trinkets. "that's no longer my dream." i looked up at him with innocent, e/c eyes.

we spoke lightly at the doorway for what seemed like hours, but infact we only spoke for 30 minutes. "i must take my leave, beidou is expecting me back to the ship." he bowed before walking away. i found myself smiling as he walked off, but quickly shoved that feeling of happiness towards him away. i walked back inside the room and flopped onto my bed, instantly falling asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow.

y'all tysm for 200 reads like whatttt
also sorry for slow updates i have writers block for my publishings rn 😳

special modern au chapter for 200 reads maybe??