𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙏𝙝𝙞𝙧𝙩𝙮 𝙏𝙝𝙧𝙚𝙚

"you.. won't hurt them."

"you won't tell me what to do when you've completely vanished, xiao. your body is mine." alatus' voice rang throughout xiaos' ears, plaguing his mind and driving him slowly insane with each word that alatus hissed.

alatus was slowly corrupting xiao's body more and more each day like the plague. an unstoppable plague that wouldn't rest until tevyat was in ruins.

alatus was the xiao before he was contracted by morax, or zhongli.

he was a yaksha along with a few others, appearing as dreadful and had a warlike temperament who spared no brutality.

though strong, the yakshas were driven insane due to the karmic debt tied to their duties. some turned on eachother, others disappeared. the only yaksha to stay strong was alatus.

after being contracted to protect liyue, alatus was bestowed a new name, xiao. alatus became but a memory as xiao took over the body.

but alatus never fully left. he grew stronger and stronger with each year, waiting for the perfect moment to take over.

and now, this was the perfect moment.

"what.. do you want with them?" xiao growled under his breath as he clutched his forehead, a sharp pain shooting through it due to alatus.

"i understand your feelings for the mortal. i shall easily defeat them to rid any toes of karmic debt between us. then, i may test my strength somewhere else." his voice stung xiao's eardrums like infectious needles. xiao cupped his right ear with his right hand.

"maybe, on that city.. mondstadt."

————————————

"well, since you're leaving soon, we should spent time together? you don't have to help out here every single day, you know." i sighed as i sat on a stool near the railing of the ship, my legs on the railing, crossed.

kazuha lay on the railing, balancing gently so he didn't either smack onto the deck or fall to his doom into the water below.

"yeah, we should, but i'm still needed here at the alcor, n/n." he sighed as he threw a rice ball into the air, trying to catch it into his mouth. it smacked his face and fell into the water below.

"that was the last good rice ball..." he whined as he looked at the two other rice balls in his hand. "aren't those ones good?"

"no."

"why not?"

"i already dropped them twice. i don't feel like dropping them a third time and getting them dirtier."

i scoffed as i snatched the rice balls from my lovers hand, wiping off any small specs off of it and breaking them down until the good parts were left.

"there, they're clean now. probably easier to catch too." i smiled as i gave him the smaller rice balls. kazuha hummed and kissed the air as he threw another rice ball up, only to have it fall into the water again.

"what should we do today, then?" kazuha asked as he lined up the rice ball with his mouth, positioning it at a certain angle that was bound to make it land in his mouth.