𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙏𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮 𝙁𝙤𝙪𝙧

it was the following morning.

the morning where we were going to attempt to leave inazuma via xiao.

i had packed up all my belongings, which were literally my cloak, kasa and sword.

kazuha and i walked out into the campsite. it was still dark out, as it was insanely early. we anxiously awaited for beidou to arrive.

"are you okay?" kazuha questioned as he linked my arm with his. i placed a hand on his arm and leaned my head against his shoulder. "not really. i was an ass when i last saw xiao, so whose to say he'll come."

kazuha tilted my head up with his thumb under my chin. he gave me a cold glare.

"i'm going to be honest, but did you not see what xiaos' like with you? he's not like that with a lot of people. of course he'll help us. he'll help you."

i glanced down at my feet, my shoes were embedded into the dirt, so i shook them off and adjusted my stance.

"are we ready to go?" beidou questioned as she walked towards us with gorou. i smiled at him and bowed my head.

"thank you for your hospitality, gorou." kazuha smiled as gorou's ears perked up, his tail slightly swaying from side to side.

"you're always welcome here. all three of you." he replied, putting a firm fist over his heart. kazuha and i approached beidou, arms still linked. i could see beidou eye our arms, before turning away and smirking.

we left the campsite without another word, making our way to somewhere hidden, where it would be safe to call upon the adeptus.

eventually, we got to a cave that hid snugly under a cliff. i let go of kazuhas' arm, standing in the middle of the cave.

i closed my eyes, thinking about what to say.

and i probably said the worst thing imaginable, but it was probably good enough for xiao.

xiao, please hear me. i'm sorry for the things i did that night. i just need your help.

i glanced down at the ground, my eyes still shut. suddenly, there was the sound of wind infront of me, and i felt a presence there. i smiled before opening my eyes and looking up at the adeptus.

"hey, xiao." i nodded my head, before avoiding eye contact. "i mean it. i'm sorry."

xiao nodded his head, before glaring up at beidou and kazuha. "i get it. i helped them get here too."

i bit my lip (😩) as i turned towards kazuha and beidou. kazuha strode over to us, linking our arms. i mentally face palmed.

"we need to leave inazuma." beidou smiled as she pat xiao's shoulder. mistake.

xiao threw her hand off and sighed. "alright."

i felt xiao reach down and grab my hand. he also grabbed beidou's hand, leaving kazuha out.

"how am i supposed to leave?"

"hold onto y/n. try not to fall while we zap."

there was black smoke around us. suddenly, we were in the wangshu inn.

i turned around to see that we were on the balcony where xiao usually stays. i sighed as i walked over to the railing, turning around and sliding down to the floor. i rested my head on the railing as i closed my eyes.

"i'm gonna check into a room, cmon kazuha." beidou gestured kazuha to follow her as they headed downstairs. i opened my eyes to see xiao standing near the railing, his arms folded as he looked around at the view.