Chapter 44

Barry stared at me in shock and slowly, his eyes met Cassandra's. "Why— How are you here?" I asked her as she tensed up.

"I um... I actually wanted to see you. How you were doing." She smiled awkwardly as I scoffed.

"How I'm doing? You faked your death and you wanted to see how I was doing?!" I snapped, and she took a step back.

"I'm sorry, okay! I wasn't thinking about what it would do to you!" She apologized.

"Of course you weren't! You only thought about yourself! Do you know what I went through? All those months of me crying for you? For your family?!" Barry pulled me back as I felt hot tears trickle down my cheeks.

"I'm sorry, Cora." Cassandra repeated.

"It's Daisy, you insufferable wh-." I spat, the lightning in my body groaning.

"Hey! Let's just take a minute, okay?" Barry interrupted. I looked at him before turning to Cass, who looked hurt. And it felt good to see it.

"I never want to see your face again." I finished, Barry leading me out of Jitters. I felt a hot rage in my body. She was alive?

"I can't believe she did that. She doesn't know the pain I went through when I thought she died... I-I don't even understand why she would think to do that." I cried, Barry pulling me into a hug.

"It's okay, Daisy." He whispered as I shook my head.

"No. No it's not. She faked her death. Because she was too cowardly to dump me." I said and pushed myself away from Barry.

"It doesn't matter anymore, Daisy. She is a part of the past." Barry muttered, cupping my face in his hand. I looked up at him, feeling the pain I felt that same day go numb as I stared into his eyes. A light shined on them, and it almost brought me a sense of protection.

"I'm sorry... I didn't mean to lash out... I just— My anger has been taking me over recently and I don't know why..." I mumbled as Barry shook his head.

"Don't be sorry, okay? We are going through something really rough right now so I understand. We'll get through this together, alright?" He gave me a crooked smile as I huffed and nodded.

"You are really good with small speeches." I joked as Barry chuckled. "Race you home?"

"You know I'll win." He praised as I rolled my eyes.

"We'll see about that." I pinched his arm before dashing home. I phased through buildings and saw Barry running next to me, a grin on his face.

I winked at him before running faster, blasting into my apartment and throwing papers around the room. I laughed in victory before pausing when I thought I saw Eobard, amusing me to tense up in fear before the paper fell to the ground. I was alone u til Barry ran in.

"See I let you win— Daisy?" Barry's smile dropped to concern as he looked at me. My eyes snapped to his and I smiled forcefully.

"I'm fine. Just... light headed, is all." I lied and he shrugged, giving me a small kiss.

"So... You and Cassandra. How'd you meet?" Barry asked as he poured himself a cup of orange juice.

"Oh um... College. A very anti-climatic story, if Imll be honest." Except for the fact Shes the reason I'm a meta. I thought to myself as I took a seat at my couch.

"Hm." Barry hummed, sipping his orange juice. "So... why did you say you thought Cassandra was dead?" He asked, causing me to tense up as I stared down at my juice.

"Right... um... the last few months before I thought she died... She became really toxic and abusive mentally. She's threatened to end her life if I left, or harm me if I did... and the night of the particle accelerator explosion I had enough of the arguing and left. I didn't think she'd actually kill herself but... it was hours after and I was almost to Central City when her mom called." I went on and watched as Barry's face switched from remorse to anger and back.

"She told me Cass killed herself. And that's when the accelerator went off... and I was infected. Nine months later... I met you." I tried to force on a smile as Barry huffed through his nose.

"I don't like her." He said bluntly, finishing his orange juice as I tried to laugh.

"Yeah not a big fan of her either."

Again sorry for the really short chapter :/ huge writers block