Chapter Three

"You think this video is enough?" Cisco asked as everyone had their arms crossed, rewatching the video Dr. Wells made confessing to Nora Allen's murder.

"It has to be, Cisco. I mean, he explained in full detail what happened that night. The only people that were in the house when the cops showed up was Henry and Nora, and Barry was down the street." I said as Joe walked in, having just gotten off the phone with the D.A.

"It's not a done deal yet, but the D.A. says it looks good." Joe said as I clapped my hands, a smile on my face.

"That just leaves Atom Smasher." I said as Barry nodded.

"Yeah, but the last time Barry went up against him it didn't end well." Cisco pointed out as Barry sighed.

"No, it did not. . . I need your guy's help." Barry said as I patted his back.

"I'd be happy to help, but just this once. I need to get back to my mom tomorrow." I said as Barry's face suddenly changed from stress to sadness.

"Anyways, I've been thinking of how we can stop Rothstein." I started, walking over to the monitors as everyone watched me.

"If we can lock him up in a small space, we can hand him so much radiation that he'll basically drain himself of energy from trying to consume it all in one go." I said as I typed into the computer.

"I say it's my turn to say how much I missed that mind." Caitlin said as I chuckled.

"Rothstein is currently on Fourth and Main. See if you can get him to the abandoned steel works on Hargrove Road, and then me and Cisco will work on setting up the radiation." I said as Barry nodded before disappearing.

After about 10 minutes, Cisco and I watched carefully as the security cameras showed Barry and Rothstein in the steel works. Before Barry could move, Atom Smasher suddenly had his large hand on Barry.

"Didn't think I would catch you, huh?" Rothstein said as I began typing quickly.

"No. I knew you could. Now Cora!" Barry called out as I slammed my finger on the enter button. Barry swung around, kicking Al into the small containment chamber, locking it tightly.

"The amount of radiation about to floss that room. . ." Caitlin said. "Atom Smasher won't be able to absorb it all." Suddenly we all looked at one another, realizing we probably just killed a man.

"He promised to take me home. . . If I killed you." Rothstein said as we all turned back, having missed nearly half of the conversation.

"Who? Who promised you that?" Barry said as I sat on the edge of my seat, gripping the arm chair.

". . . Zoom." Al coughed out before his breathing stopped.

☀︎︎

I laughed along with Joe as we watched a small slideshow of Barry and his mom and dad on the television, waiting impatiently to see Henry return home.

Suddenly, the door swung open, nearly causing me to spill my drink as I shot up. "Welcome home!" We all yelled in unison as Henry let out a laugh. I turned to Barry, whose smile seemed to light up the whole room.

I set my drink down, walking up to Henry as I hugged him. "I've been told you give great hugs." I chuckled as Henry laughed.

"So I've heard. It's so good to see you Cora." Henry said as he took his hands in mine. I smiled warmly as I turned to Barry, allowing Henry to talk to everyone.

"This is. . . The best thing to ever happen." Barry said as I smiled, looking over at Henry.

"It really is, Bar. I'm so happy to see you smile today. You deserve to be this happy." I said as he brought me into a hug, one which I reciprocated.