Chapter Eleven

1 week ago

"Zoom is obsessed with destroying me." Barry said as everyone scoffed and nodded.

"He's sent more guys here to kill you in the past few weeks than the metas we've defeated in a year." I said as Cisco raised a hand, which held a slushee and sipped on it.

"I'll drink to that." He said as I chuckled, rolling my eyes as I turned to Jay, trying to hold back my inner thoughts of running away.

I don't know why, but everything in my body told me to not trust him. He's proven himself to be our friend, but we knew someone that was just like that, and now he was dead.

Whose to say Jay isn't the exact same?

"Cora? You good?" I heard Jay say, snapping me out of my thoughts as I looked around, clearing my throat as I nodded.

"Yeah sorry uh.. didn't sleep much last night." I said. It was a full lie, Barry and I had some fun last night and I ended up getting pretty beat up in more ways than one.

With that, I heard Barry let out a small snicker, Cisco looking between us before the face of realization hit him and he giggled like a fan girl.

"Cisco I swear if you start talking about the Carry ship again I'll shoot you with the vacuum." I threatened as he frowned at me.

"The vacuum isn't a weapon." Cisco said as I raised a brow, crossing my arms.

"Wanna bet?" I said as Cisco's eyes widened, shaking his head.

"No more Carry. Got it. Continue all." Cisco said as he sipped his cherry slushy.

Present Day

Barry

Everyone secretly thinks they've figured out what their life is gonna be like, but what no one ever considers is that life has its own plans for you, whether you like them or not.

And so you're left with a choice, You can either embrace the change and move forward, or fight it, and be left behind.

Sometimes I think about what I did that led me here, to this very moment. What made me get the girl, despite Oliver saying I wouldn't.

Maybe he was wrong.

Cora

"Caitlin! Stein is dropping out we're losing him!" I yelled as Caitlin came rushing in, Cisco by her side as I tried to hold Stein down.

Suddenly, I felt something shock me. Hard. I couldn't exactly pinpoint what it was but it went through both of my hands, sending me back a little, but I didn't fall.

But holy shit it hurt.

"Gah!" I yelled as I held my hands, eyes glued shut as I felt arms on me.

"Cora?! Are you okay?" Cisco asked as I shook my head, allowing him to lead me away as Caitlin tried her best to put Martin at ease.

"What happened?" He asked as I sat down, shrugging as I rubbed my palm with my thumb.

"I-I don't know. Stein started to go down, and I was holding him down so he wouldn't seize off the bed, and then I was... shocked. Like really hard. I-I think I'm fine I don't know my hands are just stinging now." I said as Cisco raised a brow as Caitlin came out.