Chapter Twenty-One

The picture above is the book cover I plan on using for book 3 :)

I sat next to Harry's bedside, impatiently waiting for him to wake up as I stared at the photo Caitlin showed me around an hour ago.

Barry had called saying that Kendra had 'emerged' whatever that means and now she had wings. Vandal Savage was still on the loose.

A sharp inhale stopped my thoughts, looking up to see Harry blinking hard as he looked around, Caitlin walking in.

"Dr. Wells?" She said quietly, Harry answering with a grumble. "You're going to be okay."

"That's good news." He answered bluntly as he stood up.

"You may be sore for a little while." Caitlin said as Harry scoffed quietly.

"Sore is better than dead." Harry once again said bluntly before turning to me, a blank expression on my face as he looked at my hands to see the photo.

"I'll um... leave you two alone for a minute." Caitlin said quickly before making her way out of the room.

"Where did you get that?" Harry asked, sounding a little angry about it.

"Oh you know, Caitlin found it sticking out of your pants pocket and well, everyone is curious as to why the hell I'm in this picture." I answered, practically shoving the picture in Harry's face.

"That's not you." He answered coldly. "That- was... my daughter." He said, sounding slightly hurt.

I was silent for a few moments, pulling my arm back as my mind raced. "W-was?"

"Ten years ago, a month after the particle accelerator first went online on my earth, Zoom wasn't at large at that point. Made some robberies here and there, but had yet to kill anyone." Harry started as I felt my heart skip a few beats for what he was about to say.

"I was still working on the watch that alerts people for metas and left to do that for an hour... I left Jess and Daisy.. Earth-2 you and Jesse, alone. Jesse was probably in her bedroom playing with some stupid teddy bear her mother got her... Daisy was in the kitchen... and then Zoom came in and-" Harry made the gesture of his hand being shoved through his heart, before dropping it.

"That's picture was taken a year before Zoom took my daughters life. The day Daisy graduated." Harry said as he pointed to the picture that I was looking at.

"How old was Jesse?" I asked as my mind could only imagine my adoptive sister Jesse, who had died only a few years after I moved to Star City.

"... She was 6." Harry answered quietly as I nodded slowly.

"I um... had a sister... Earth-1 Jesse. I was adopted after my parents were killed and had my name changed.. Daisy to Cora.... Jesse was only a few years old when I met her and was battling cancer... She passed when she was 7." I said quietly, wiping a small tear away at the memories. I never talked about my family, Barry and Harry are the only two that know my real name now.

"Zoom has Jesse. Doesn't he? That's why you're finally doing something about him after all these years?" I asked quietly as Harry sighed, nodding.
"Why didn't you do anything when Daisy died?"

"No one knew Zoom was going to be a threat. We didn't know what... or who.. he was." Harry answered as Barry walked in.

"Cora. Hey." Barry said with a smile as I gave him a thin-lipped one.

I had debated telling Harry about this, but I guess it could wait.

☀︎︎
ITS THE HOLIDAY SEASON BITCHES AND YOU KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS
THE CORA CHRISTMAS SPECIAL IS UNDERWAY AND WILL BE THE NEXT CHAPTER

Also I absolutely loved this little bonding thing Harry and Cora just had. I found it really cute because I want them to have a strong bond🥺