Chapter Thirty-Two

"The facial recognition software at S.T.A.R. Labs didn't find anything either." Cisco said as I walked in, frowning.

"What are you guys doing?" I asked, peering over Cisco's shoulder to see Jay's face on the computer.

"We are trying to find Jay's Doppelgänger so we can stop his... death." Cisco said as I frowned.

"Good luck with that." I said in a 'you won't find him anytime soon' voice as Caitlin frowned.

"What do you mean by that?" She asked as I hummed and shrugged.

"Nothing." I said as Caitlin started to walk over to me.

"Daisy." Caitlin said in her assertive voice, trying to push the truth out of me as I raised my hands up in defense.

"All I'm saying is that there is a chance that Jay Garrick... doesn't exist on this Earth." I said as Cisco and Caitlin's eyes widened in unison.

"What?!" They both said together as I shrugged.

"I may have super-speed hacked every criminal and normal database and found that Jay Garrick is non-existent. Just sayin'." I said as Caitlin looked over at Cisco.

"Well, what now?" Cisco said as I shrugged.

"Start looking up adoption papers with the name Jay Garrick and see if their name was changed." I suggested as Cisco snapped his fingers.

"Great idea." He said as I shrugged before walking up to Barry suit, a small smile on my face as I nodded and walked into the med-bay, Caitlin following me.

"Please tell me you are here for a girl talk and not to take more tests." I said as she pressed her lips together and shrugged.

"Little bit of both." She admitted as I groaned, plopping down on the chair as I outstretched my arm, Caitlin grabbing a blue tape thing I never know the name of and tightly wrapped it around my bicep.

"So, why exactly were you looking up Jay's doppelgänger?" Caitlin asked as my eyes widened, slowly turning to her as she gave me a serious look.

"Well you know, I'm a curious person and I may... still not trust him.." I admitted as Caitlin frowned, grabbing a bunch of small tubes and a butterfly needle.

"But you trust Harry?" Caitlin said as I huffed, tapping the chair as I nodded.

"Yep." I said, an emphasis on the 'p.' "You know, he's opened up more. I think it's just because I look like his dead daughter but he's opened up more than Jay has." I said as Caitlin held her frown.

"But didn't you and Jay meet on the train when you came back?" Caitlin continued to ask questions as I shrugged.

"Well yeah, but we only talked about the book I was reading and why we were coming to Central City. Not to mention that he had been stalking me and you and everyone else for a while, so I think it was safe to say I can't trust a stalker." I said as Caitlin pressed her lips together.

"Barry trusts Jay." She said, sticking the needle into my arm as I sighed.

"You're point? I don't think we can trust Jay. I mean, the last time we trusted someone they tried to kill Barry, whose to say that Jay isn't trying to do that, or take Barry's powers to heal himself?"

"I don't think Jay is going to do that, Daisy." Caitlin said, trying to reassure me as I sighed, shaking my head.

"I think I've lost all trust in new people." I said quietly as Caitlin sighed too, taking the needle out after taking my blood.

I didn't want to admit it, but I was slowly, very slowly, getting to trust Jay. But something about him really didn't add up. I mean, he didn't have a doppelgänger on this earth, he finally showed himself 6 months after arriving when he could have done it at least a month or a few weeks after.

And, as much as I didn't even want to think about it...

I had the worst feeling about Jay.

And I didn't want to admit to anyone that I thought he was Zoom.

☀︎︎
Sorry for the short update, I've been at a writers block with this chapter for a while, but next week I will have better ideas!