Chapter 18

2 Weeks Later

For the last week, Barry has secretly been training me on becoming faster, and let me tell you, it's been great.

I always wanted to know what it was actually like to run faster than the speed of light or sound, and it's amazing.

I've been drawing up my own suit for the day we defeat Zoom and I can finally reveal to everyone I'm a speedster, and it closely resembles to Barry's, although my suit is a very dark purple with white and gold accents, and a large white and jagged high ring bolt that stretched down the front of my suit.

Coming up with a name was harder than I thought. There was Velocity, Dart, Dash (although that name was taken by Mr. Incredible's child), Lady Flash, Ms Flash (though people may get the wrong but also right idea), Queen Speed, Impulse, and Pink Lightning (since my lightning is pink when I run) (if you got that Pink Lightning reference then here is a gold star⭐️)

The names were difficult for me, but in my opinion, Queen Speed, Pink Lightning, and Velocity were my personal favorites. (You get to choose which one I name Cora!)

I think the most difficult thing that had to do with hiding my abilities was the fact of how much I ate. Being a speedster also came with fast metabolism, and I quickly got more muscle, which Cisco and Caitlin had taken notice of.

"Cora have you been working out?" Cisco asked as I bit down on the end of my pencil, deep in thought as I turned to him.

"Huh?" I said, not understanding what he meant until he poked my bicep, which had indeed grown some muscle.

"You got some muscle there. Kinda jealous of it." He said with a frown as I merely laughed it off.

"Yeah. Been going to the gym for a while and now it's finally showing it's progress." I lied as Cisco hummed before walking away, a sigh of relief escaping me as he did so.

Two weeks ago, things hadn't gone the way we planned them too. Doctor Light ended up nearly killing Linda, but we used earth 1 Linda as a way to try and lure Zoom to Barry, which didn't work. Zoom ended up breaking Barry's back, and he was paralyzed for a while.

Then Grodd kidnapped Caitlin, and we had to use Harry as a way to get her out, which didn't work but we managed to get everyone back safely.

Shit went down, let me tell you that.

"Cora? You lost in your thoughts again?" Caitlin asked as I turned to him, sighing as I nodded.

"Yeah, sorry just... Guess I'm still trying to process what happened over the past two weeks. Been kind of crazy..." I said as everyone in the room nodded.

"Barry just hit 1,375." Cisco said as he watched Barry run on the treadmill.

"What's the fastest Barry has run?" Harry asked as I answered quickly.

"A little over Mach 2 when he went back in time..." I said as Harry frowned.

"That's not good." He answered bluntly as I turned to him, frowning.

"That's good Barry." Caitlin said as Barry began to slow down before coming to a stop. Since I started training I have already been able to run at Barry's speed, out-running him in a little race we did, but that could just be because I was always a fast runner and because I was shorter and more agile.

"I'm not getting faster am I?" Barry asked as we all gave him wary looks.

"Well-"

"No you're not." Harry said, cutting Caitlin off as I rolled my eyes.

"I mean, I can't beat Zoom at this speed. It felt like I was standing still next to him." Barry said as I sucked in a breath, ready to hear Harry's words.

"That's because you practically were. Zoom is at least three, four times faster than you at this point." Harry said as I frowned at him. While I would have loved to shoot him a hateful sentence, I'd probably get backlash for it.

""How is he so much faster than Barry?" Cisco asked, once again, Harry quick to answer.

"Physiology, form, strength, could be a number of things... Attitude, diet." Harry said as Barry rolled his eyes as his phone beeped.

"I gotta go. Singh wants help on a new case." Barry said as he quickly kissed me goodbye before flashing out.

"How are we supposed to help Barry?" Caitlin asked, turning to Jay as if he had the answer. I could tell he did, but there was definitely something about it he didn't want us to know.

Everyone started to talk again as my eyes were fixated on Jay's serious look, which hid his nervousness well.

After a few hours, Cisco left to go on a date with this new girl that works at Jitters, Caitlin and I talking about different ways we could help Barry get faster.

"What if we just have him loads of energy drinks?" I suggested as Caitlin chuckled. "Probably not the best idea, but it could work!" I said as I felt my body start to surge with electricity again. It had been happening more often, I couldn't really describe it.

Maybe it's because I was trying to not eat so much so they weren't suspicious of me.

I stumbled backwards a few inches from Caitlin, shaking my head as I felt the need to pass out growing closer. "Oh no..." I muttered quietly as Caitlin turned to me, frowning.

"Cora? You alright?" She asked, straightening up as I nodded.

"Y-yeah. Yeah I am. Just got light headed. Think I'm gonna go lie down for a little." I said as I made my way over to the stretcher on the other side of the room.

I turned my head to see Jay staring at Barry's Flash suit, a suspicious look crossing my face as I stopped to watch.

For a moment, I thought I saw Jay place something under the emblem on the suit, but could have just been my eyesight messing with me.

Jay went to turn around, my phone beeping as Cisco pressed the alert on the app he had us download.

"Cisco's in trouble at Jitters." I said as I quickly stumbled over to the Monitors, plopping in my chair as Barry ran in and then out, already on his way to the coffee shop.

"Talk about ancient." I said as I watched the man in a cloak pull out a knife I had probably seen in a museum, my eyes widening as he threw it at Cisco.

Thankfully, Barry got there in time to stop it, and the man disappeared. Cisco sighed loudly in relief, placing a hand on Barry. "Thank god, Barry." Cisco said as everyone in the room frowned in disappointment.

"Good going, Cisco." I muttered as the three were now standing in the middle of the Cortex.

☀︎︎