Chapter 46

I had spent my week with Barry fighting a giant man-shark, which was about as terrifying as it sounded. He wasn't scary until I was almost his dinner.

Of course, I was able to get out of the pickle without becoming the pickle, and now I was relaxing in the medical room with Caitlin, Barry Cisco.

"Ohhhh okay. That didn't look that deep on the map." I said with wide eyes as Cisco nodded slowly.

"Because maps are flat." Caitlin said bluntly and I turned to her with a frown. "Sorry. Didn't mean to sound rude."

"It's alright." I patted her shoulder, and she smiled softly.

"That's like... a thousand feet deep." Barry said with a nervous look as I shrugged.

"We wanted to get faster, right? Oh! Remember that time I jumped off a building without a parachute? Cisco, how fast was barry that time?" I turned to Cisco as everyone paused, clearly traumatized by that memory as I thought of it as a normal weekend.

"Uh... almost 900 MPH." He stated as I turned back to Barry, shrugging.

"See? Now I have speed and we are just as fast."

"Actually, Daisy... You're faster than Barry." I turned to Harry, who I frowned at. "When you were fighting King Shark, I clocked in your speed... You went over mach 2 like it was nothing."

"Impossible! I had to be going 300. I wasn't even trying." I frowned, eyeing Barry to see if he had a reaction. But he only turned to me.

"Daisy, even if that's true, you've always been faster. Even when you first got your speed."

"Well, if you want her to go faster... Daisy is gonna have to go... that fast." Barry and I turned our heads to the screen, our eyes practically popping out of our heads at the number.

"That fast... is impossible." Caitlin said with wide eyes as we all nodded.

"ah... 'Nothing in life is promised except death." Cisco smiled as I raised a brow.

"Kanye?" I asked as Cisco turned to me, grabbing my shoulders.

"This is why I love you. Anyways, if it makes you feel any better, Evel Knievel cleared a line of cars that was twice this long, and he didn't even have superpowers, unless you count that sweet-ass ride." Cisco laughed as Barry raised a brow.

"Do you hear yourself?" Caitlin asked as Cisco turned to her.

"What?"

"Look, we're gonna be fine." I promised Barry as he nodded slowly.

"I'm 80 percent sure of it!" My eyes widened again as J turned to stare at Cisco. "76... Like, a string 72." I waved my head at him as if trying to shut him up. "I can't stop, Caitlin help."

"Look... Zoom is still out there, even if it's not on our Earth." I started, backing up slightly and turned to Harry. "If we are going to fight him, we have to be faster. We need to be faster. And this is just me, but I don't give a flying shit about how we get faster."

"I agree with Daisy. I wasn't fast enough to save Jay. And that means I'm not fast enough to stop Zoom. This fight ends."

☀︎︎

I shifted in my suit nervously, staring at the giant gap that separated us from our destination.

"On second thoughts, this is worse than jumping off that building. Cya." I saluted, starting to walk away before Barry grabbed my arms. I squeaked in fear as he brought me back to my spot, internally screaming.

"Okay. You guys got this!" Cisco said as he slowly raised a control to his face. I frowned at him before slipping on my mask, looking at Barry.

"Ready?" I asked as lightly started to dance around my suit, raising a fist at him. Barry shrugged, bumping my fist as a ball of electricity formed before it quickly died. I seemed to have been the only one that noticed, as Barry started to get ready to run.

I frowned in confusion, shaking my head. "Ladies first." Cisco called out as I sucked in a sharp breath.

"You got this, Daisy." Barry whispered as I nodded, staring at the other side. My lightning became stronger as I sprinted, hurling myself off of the cliff.

The world felt like it had stopped when I started flying, my arms flailing in circles as I stared at my landing spot, my heart hurling itself up into my throat as I started to fall.

For just a second, I thought I wasn't going to make it. But then my feet landed on the ground and I felt a shooting main in my ankle, crying out and rolled into a tree.

"Daisy! You okay?" Caitlin yelled from the other side as I huffed, gasping for air as I stared up at the sky. My hand slowly raised up into a thumbs up.

I turned in time to see Barry falling.

"Barry!" I yelled, gasping and attempting to stand up before collapsing back in pain when I saw him disappear from sight. I about burst into tears until a few drones appeared, carrying Barry.

"Why'd you bring the drones, Cisco? Daisy says. Your'e welcome!" Cisco yelled as Barry huffed.

"We're coming to get you Daisy!" Caitlin y called out as I nodded before dropping my head on the ground, huffing as I attempted to ignore the pain in my ankle.

☀︎︎

"It's just a sprain. When you fell, you landed right by the edge and your foot probably got caught in a groove." Caitlin said as I nodded. "It should heal soon."

"Thanks, doc." I smiled sarcastically as she tilted her head at me, a smile threatening to leave her lips but she held it cold, turning on her heel and walking out of the medical room as Barry walked in.

"I did it." I smiled as he nodded. "What happened to you out there? You were doing good..." I moved my legs so Barry could sit down, and as he did so he let out a long sigh.

"I was remembering Earth-2..." He started as I quickly sat up, ignoring the quick pain in my ankle.

"You want to talk about it?" I asked quietly, rubbing his back as he turned to me.

"When Zoom... When he killed your doppelgänger... Red Trinity... She told me she was sorry." I frowned in confusion at Barry.

"Sorry? About what?" He shrugged, shaking his head.

"I don't know... But— she said that if she had listened to me.. she'd be the good guy. And Zoom... he said that her death was real that time." My frown hardened and I tilted my head.

"What?"

"I think... I think Earth-2 Daisy's death was faked until I saw her die... and um..." Barry kept trailing off as I sat next to him, staring at his eyes that were on the ground.

"What's wrong, Barry?" I asked as he shook his head, wiping a hand over his face.

"Daisy... Your Earth-2 Doppelgänger was Harry's daughter."