Chapter Twelve

Not me throwing something into the story that I didn't cover last book because I felt like making a plot twist :D

17 years ago

Everyone goes through something traumatic in their life. They can lose a parent, or a friend, maybe a pet or two.

Or they could lose themself. An event so traumatic that it changes you. Maybe completely, or slightly.

2 years before the real Harrison Wells was killed, and his body was taken over by Eobard Thawne, Barry Allen lived a normal life.

He had two living parents, and two friends. Iris West and Daisy Gopper.

No one ever heard of Daisy Gopper in the comics, because we never got to hear Barry's life before the murder of his mother.

Daisy was a delightful and brilliant young girl. Straight A's, friends with everyone. A girl everyone would want in the high school years.

Though something happened to her on the night of Halloween in 1998. Something that would change the girl forever.

Daisy woke up to the sounds of screaming. But unlike Barry, who woke up to two men fighting around his mother, Daisy woke up to find two men crowded over her mother and father.

"Daisy go back upstairs!" Her mother begged as the two robbers snapped around, aiming their guns at the young girl.

"No please she's just a kid!" Her father begged as the men in ski masks laughed, turning to one another.

"Yes. And you're just adults waiting to die." One said before shooting Daisy's father in the head, a scream leaving the young girl and his now widowed wife.

"No! Please! Please she needs her mother!" Daisy's mother begged as one man ripped off his ski mask.

"Don't worry, she will join you soon." He said before shooting her in the face, then the other man, still masked, shot Daisy's father without a moment of hesitation.

Before either of the men had a chance to kill Daisy, she was swept off her feet faster than the blink of an eye by something she couldn't explain.

Something... Impossible.

She stared up at the person, whose face was masked, lightning dancing off their skin before they set her down, gone in the blink of an eye.

Two hours later

Daisy had been sitting on her porch stairs for well over an hour, a Detective finally walking up to her.

"Daisy? We are going to be taking you to your mother's friends in Starling City. You're going to stay there for a while, okay?" She said as Daisy nodded slowly, grabbing her german shepherd stuffed animal and stood up, walking with the girl.

"Those men have been after you're parents for a long time. They will be after you too. How do you feel about changing your name, darling?" She asked as Daisy shrugged.

She didn't mind changing her name, she never liked the name Daisy anyway.

"She's on her way to Starling right now. Get the paper work ready." The detective said as she began to drive.

Few hours later

Daisy and the female detective drove up to the house she knew too well. She's always come to her godmothers house on the weekends when her mother and father left.

"Mr. and Mrs. Agápi? She's here." The door swung open as Daisy ran to her new parents, both of them had been crying for so long about the sudden death of their best friends.

"Oh baby..." The woman muttered as she rubbed the girls head slowly.

"This lady said my name is being changed... can I pick?" Daisy asked as the husband and wife looked at one another before nodding.

"Of course dear. What do you want to be named?" The woman asked as Daisy smiled.

"I really like the name Cora." She said as the two new parents smiled.

"Cora Agápi. I love it."

☀︎︎

So this is just a short lil chapter I decided to just THROW in out of no where. I don't know why but this popped into my head and it just... HAD to be in this book idk.

Sooner or later I'll make it so that Cora and Barry realize they have actually known each other for longer than they think, but for now we gon leave it a mystery