Chapter 17

I stared at my mother in confusion. "Y-Wha- The speed force? I-I don't understand. I-I'm not a speedster. How can I be in the Speed Force? I mean. Unless it was from that one time I let Barry-"

"I'd prefer not to hear that." My mother said as I quickly shut my mouth, her sighing. "No, it isn't because of Barry that you are in the Speed Force. Not completely. See, as of right now, you are flat lining in front of everyone, yet you are still alive merely because your heart is beating so fast do to your sudden explosion of meta powers."

"Um.. What?" I said, not understanding anything she was saying.

"The powers that were activated when you came in contact with Professor Stein were not supposed to be activated. Those powers were ones that were supposed to stay dormant. The Speed Force was trying to activate the speed you were given when the Particle Accelerator exploded."

"Wait. You're saying this whole time, I was given the wrong powers?" I said as my mother, or, the Speed Force, smiled and nodded.

"Granted, the Speed Force was dormant inside you for over a year, and then we were able to take away the powers you were originally given while we tried to activate the speed inside you. It's been a very long and difficult process, but when you interacted with Stein, the shock only allowed you to come into the Speed Force. The moment you get shocked with the defibrillator, you will finally be a true speedster." The Speed Force said as I sat down.

"So... What about my other powers?" I asked with confusion. "The fire, invisibility, mind reading?"

"Sadly, you won't be able to reactivate those. The dark matter cells in your body that contain all the powers that were given to you will be replaced with the speed force. You'll me a full speedster just like Barry." The Speed Force said as I just looked away for a moment.

"I still don't understand-" When I turned back, my mother was gone and I was now in the particle accelerator. "What-?"I stood up, brows furrowed in confusion.

"The Speed Force gave you these powers for a reason, Cora." I snapped my body around, my eyes once again filling with tears as I saw Eddie. At least, that's who I wished it really was.

"Eddie.." I whispered quietly as he smiled, but barely.

"When you were first hit with dark matter, it was raining where you were."

"A lightning bolt struck right in front of me." I said quietly as Eddie nodded.

"The lightning bolt held dark matter, thats how you got your powers in the first place." Eddie said as I just stood in my place.

"But I still don't understand. If I was supposed to be a speedster, why wasn't I given the powers right away? Why was I given powers that weren't even related to speed?" I asked the Speed Force as it paused to think.

"We needed to see if you were worthy enough to be a speedster."

"What like Thor was worthy enough for his hammer?" I asked with a raise of my brow as Eddie- The Speed Force- chuckled.

"Sure." He said as I suddenly felt a shock in my chest. "That would be Mr. Ramon restarting your heart. And activating the speed force within you."

"So you're saying I didn't have a choice to be a speedster or not?" I asked with a frown as The Speed Force nodded.

"We know that you will use your powers for good, use them to stop Zoom." It said as my eyes widened.

"You know Zoom?! Do you know who he is?!" I asked quickly as I felt myself slowly being drawn back to reality.

"I'm afraid if I told you it wouldn't be much of a surprise to the others." The Speed Force said as they waved goodbye.