Chapter Fourteen

Year: 2004
Earth-2

"Jesse! Daisy come in here!" Harrison Wells said as his two daughters ran into the kitchen. The two girls looked to be years apart. Daisy to be 15, and Jesse around 6 or maybe 8, holding a Mr. Jiggle Wiggle teddy bear.

"Yeah dad?" Daisy said as their father tossed a towel off his shoulder, not bothering to see where it landed.

"I need to get back to S.T.A.R. Labs for a moment, Daisy, you take care of Jesse. I should be home in an hour and then we can eat." Harrison said with a smile as Jesse frowned, not wanting to be babysat by her sister.

"Okay." Was all the two girls said as Harrison bent down to give the two a kiss on the tops of their heads before he quickly walked out of the large kitchen, grabbing a coat and walking out into the car.

"Well, what do you want to do?" Jesse asked as Daisy frowned, shrugging.

"I don't know, go play or something." Daisy said before grabbing a magazine and sitting at the couch in the living room.

Jesse frowned at her sister before shrugging, skipping away to her bedroom.

Time seemed to pass slowly. Daisy thought what had been hours only seemed to be 50 minutes.

The magazine she was reading was far from interesting, so tossing it aside she decided to walk back into the kitchen and grab a snack.

Opening the cabinet, Daisy searched for her favorite snack, finding it wheee she had hidden it last in the way back, the noise of pushing everything aside blocking the noise that was behind her.

Looking at the cardboard box and shutting the cabinet, Daisy had yet to notice the new figure that appeared in the kitchen as she grabbed a bowl.

She was basically the clueless blonde in a horror movie, but it was just her ADHD reminding her that she is only allowed to pay attention to one thing.

Finally after what the masked figure had felt like what had been minutes, Daisy turned around and froze, dropping the bow out of fear, causing it to shatter.

"Thought you would never realize." Zoom said as Daisy just stared in silence, her jaw locked.

"Hm. Not much of a talker." He said quietly and walked closer. "Good thing. Your sister probably won't hear any screaming."

Back then, Zoom wasn't a man that waited. He grew impatient rather quickly. Never wasted his time, always left without any evidence he was there.

Tonight however, would be the first night he commits his first true crime since he became a speedster almost a month ago. (We switching up some things)

Daisy just shook in her spot, stiffening when Zoom placed a hand on her shoulder. "Do not worry, child. It will be over soon."

And with that, Zoom raised his other hand that had been vibrating, shoving it through the girl's heart. A quiet gasp escaped Daisy as a tear rolled down her eye before her eyes drained of life.

Yanking his hand out of her, Zoom let go of Daisy's shoulder, a thud echoing in the kitchen as her body dropped.

Just then, the front doors opened, and Zoom was gone. "Jesse! Daisy I'm home!"Harrison said as he set down his car keys, walking into the living room as Jesse ran out of one of the hallways.

"Wheres Daisy?" Harrison asked as Jesse looked around, shrugging as she walked over to the couch, sitting down and playing with her teddy bear.

"Daisy?" Harrison called out, not getting an answer. He thought for a moment that maybe she was taking a shower or sleeping, but she only ever took showers after dinner, and rarely took naps.

"Daisy?" Harrison said as he walked into the kitchen. For a moment, he was about to turn away and continue his search, until he caught a glimpse of her foot, unmoving on the ground behind the island.

"Daisy?!" He said in a quickened tone as he speed walked over the island, stopping when he saw his daughter lying limp nod the cold ground. "No.."

"Jesse call the hospital!" Harrison yelled as Jesse did so. He could feel the hot tears sting his eyes as he picked up his daughter, still thinking that she could be alive.

The blood on the other side of her shirt said otherwise.

2 weeks later

In honor of Daisy Rose Wells

Jesse and Harrison walked up to the graveyard, spotting the very few people who had been invited to his daughters burial.

Jesse couldn't recall the last time she hadn't been here. She liked to visit her mom with Daisy all the time. Now she would be visiting Daisy and their mom. Alone.

Her dad never came here. It brought back to many pained memories of the woman he had his children with. For a while after her death, Harrison barely cracked a smile, but his two daughters were always there to somehow cheer him up. Usually it was Daisy to do that.

Now, he never imagined himself smiling after this. He'd probably dedicate the rest of his life to his work, barely spare time to be with his only daughter left in fear he'd be broken again if he lost her, too.

Harrison didn't utter a word the entire time he was at the graveyard. His eyes had been locked on the grave of his wife, which was now next to his daughters.

No one knew what happened to Daisy. How her heart had been shredded to pieces. How was it even possible?

Of course it was obvious. But They wouldn't find out for some time.

☀︎︎
So if it isn't obvious, Daisy (aka Cora) was Earth-2 Harrison Wells daughter, but was killed by Zoom years ago in a house attack.
So, this is actually somewhat leading up to the events of Jesse being kidnapped. It reminds Harrison of the day Daisy died, and obviously was didn't want to lose anyone again, so that's why he's finally doing something about finding and defeating Zoom.
The group will obviously find out that Cora was Harrison's daughter in a different earth around the same time they figure out his true plans, but for now it's just gonna stay like this.
I have more twists for later in this series, but for now I believe this is the last one for the book other than Zoom being you-know-who.